Staff Picks

Arizona at Oregon

OK, OK, so last night’s 36-point win over the Beavers was only a small sample size – Oregon State is making a serious case for the Pacific 10 Conference to be switched to the Pac-9 – of what the Wildcats can do with guard Nic Wise back in uniform. Tomorrow night will be a little bit more of a challenge, especially with both teams on the bubble. Arizona will see its bubble burst faster than Tajuan Porter nailing a last-second 3-pointer.

Oregon 73, Arizona 71

Mike Ritter, sports editor

At this point in the season and with how incredibly consistent the Wildcats have been throughout the year, I can honestly say I really have no clue which Arizona team will step onto the court tomorrow night in Eugene, Ore. But the advantage for the Wildcats is that the Ducks have not beaten anyone decent since Stanford on Jan. 13. Arizona has had its share of troubles lately as well but hey, something’s gotta give.

Arizona 69, Oregon 62

Bobby Stover, sports writer

Arizona and Oregon will both be struggling to get to .500 in the Pacific 10 Conference as the season closes out. Both teams will want to end on a positive note in order to convince the vital superdelegates to nominate them to the NCAA Tournament, or however the hell it works. At least Jerryd Bayless is suiting up against Oregon this time. Thank God you have your faithful analyst here to tell you that’s a good thing.

Arizona 75, Oregon 72

Alex Dalenberg, sports writer