Trouble With The Curve is a great movie for lazy days

“Trouble with the Curve,” which was released on Sept. 21, is a must for your lazy day movies collection.

Clint Eastwood plays Gus Lobel, an aging baseball scout for the Atlanta Braves who is losing his eyesight, and at risk of losing his daughter too. He plays an entertainingly disgruntled old man who still manages to get in a snide remark every now and then.

He is an overprotective dad who believes his daughter, Mickey, played by Amy Adams is still his baby girl, even as she tries to help him. Any father and daughter can relate to this as part of the struggles while growing up.

Adam plays a cutting edge lawyer about to make partner while also holding onto her early years, growing up close to her dad in the baseball stands. She tries to re-connect with him by helping him scout a potential draft pick as his eyesight fails.

Contributing to the baseball drama, Justin Timberlake enters the plot as a scout for the Red Sox — and a romantic interest. With romance, drama and comedy, the film supplies the viewer with a little bit of everything.

As Eastwood plays an aging man, he, at 82 years old, is aging as well, and that personal experience allows him to bring his own authentic frustration and anger to his performance. In acting the complex emotions an elderly person must face when they realize they can’t do the things they would normally be able to do, Eastwood hits the nail on the head.

Although the film can be slightly predictable at times, overall, it is one of those feel-good movies to slip into your DVD player on a relaxing Sunday afternoon.

Follow us on Twitter @wildcatarts and follow Rachel @RachelCabakoff.