Police Beat

A student was cited and released for underage drinking after police confronted him about a fight at the Beta Theta Phi fraternity house, 645 E. University Blvd., Oct. 7, reports stated.

Police responded to a report that a man was hitting people with a rock during a fight. The man was not in the area when police arrived.

An officer in a marked patrol car searched the area and found a match of two subjects standing with a large group of people by the front door of Kappa Alpha fraternity house, 906 N. First Ave. The two men started walking south, away from Kappa Alpha.

Police lost visual contact of the men after exiting the patrol vehicle. One of the subjects was found between a row of bushes and the south wall of Kappa Alpha. Police had the man move to the ground and handcuffed him. He told police that the other subject had run away on foot.

The man started explaining the situation to police before they asked. He told police that when they walked past Beta Theta Phi, the people in the house started antagonizing them.

The man said his friend started the situation when he threw a beer bottle toward the fraternity. He did not know anything about a rock being used.

Police notified the Dean of Students Office of a code of conduct violation.

An unknown person stole a golf cart from the Student Union Memorial Center, 1303 E. University Blvd., reports stated.

Between 8:30 p.m. Oct. 7 and 11 a.m. Oct. 8, a Papa John’s golf cart was stolen from the north side of the student union.

An employee told police that when she arrived at work in the morning, she noticed the cart was gone. She said the keys were locked in her office.

Other employees of Papa John’s did not have any information on the missing golf cart.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

A graffiti stencil was found in Main Gate Parking Garage, 815 E. Second St., and Tyndall Avenue Parking Garage, 880 E. Fourth Ave., Oct. 9, reports stated.

A Parking and Transportation Services employee found a stencil done in green spray paint that read, “”Ready for market,”” with a head next to it.

A student returned to his car to find the driver’s side window had been shattered while it was parked in a UA lot, 1625 E. Seventh St., Oct. 11, reports stated.

The window was broken between 12:45 p.m. and 6:45 p.m. There was glass inside and outside the car. No items were missing from the inside and the doors were still locked.

The man said the car alarm had gone off at least once because when he disabled it, the car device sounded four times. The man could not think of anyone who might have caused the incident. Police have no suspects or witnesses.

A $1,200 bike was stolen from the Medical Library, 1501 N. Campbell Ave., Oct. 10, reports stated.

The bike was locked with a $100 chain lock through the frame on to the bike rack on the west side of the library.

The student parked the bike at noon and returned at 11 p.m. to find the bike gone.

There are suspects or witnesses.

???

A man was arrested for theft of a vehicle and possession of drug paraphernalia behind Trader Joe’s, 4209 N. Campbell Ave., Oct. 11, reports stated.

An employee of Campbell Farms West, 4101 N. Campbell Ave., called police after the man gave employees conflicting stories as to why he was on the grounds. The employee told police the man was not authorized to be on the grounds.

When police approached the man, he ran toward the alley behind Trader Joe’s, where police were able to detain him. The man told police he started to run because he thought there were warrants out for him.

A records check reported that the truck the man was driving had been stolen. The man said he had borrowed the truck from a friend and he did not give it back when he was supposed to because he was getting high.

Police found a glass pipe in a cigarette box that the man said he used to smoke crack cocaine and methamphetamines.