Police Beat: April 30

Broke the library

Three separate unauthorized charges, two of which were in Nottingham, England, were reported on a UA-issued purchasing card at 10:50 a.m. on April 22.

A University of Arizona Police Department officer spoke with a UA employee who reported the fraud and said the charges were from March 25. The employee works at the UA Main Library. She said the card was issued to her and her department. She said she kept the card in a locked drawer, which her employees don’t have access to.

While the P-card was still in the drawer, the library’s internal accounting department contacted her about three charges she said were made without her authorization.

The first charge was to “Aaron House, Charleston, U.S.” for $7.56. The last two were to “EON Energy Solutions, Nottingham, England” for $185.74 and $140.81.

The P-card has been canceled and destroyed.

Kill one bird with one window

A third floor glass window broke and the frame fell from the Architecture building at 1:17 p.m. on April 24.

As a UAPD officer arrived on the scene, he observed a large amount of broken glass both on the ground surrounding the window frame and still left in the window.

Students in the classroom where the incident occurred said they heard a “loud thud” two hours prior, which sounded like a bird, before the window fell out.

The officer then noticed a large dead bird 30 feet away from the broken window on the ground outside.

There were no injuries in the incident and photos of the window were taken and submitted to property and evidence. Facilities Management put caution tape around the area before cleaning it up.

Missing laptop

A UA student reported her laptop, valued at $1,000, stolen from Villa Del Puente Residence Hall during the afternoon of April 23.

Police spoke with the woman at 4:14 p.m., who said that between 1 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. she left her room, where the laptop was stored. Upon returning, her silver MacBook Pro was missing.

Nothing else appeared to be missing aside from the laptop and charging cord. There are no suspects or witnesses.