GOP vice presidential running mate Mike Pence rallies in Tucson

Despite the rain, Tucsonans packed downtown’s Fox Theatre to listen to Mike Pence, Republican vice president running mate of Donald Trump, speak.

People packed the theater with applause as Pence began to speak about the future and the potential outcome of Donald Trump becoming the next president of the United States.

“You have nominated a man that never quits, who never backs down,” Pence said. He called Trump a fighter and a winner who now has a running mate to help him win the election in November.

The Republican National Committee’s Bruce Ash and Arizona Republican Party chair Robert Graham spoke to supporters. The town hall event later included questions from supporters about the economy, mental health issues and faith in America, among others.

Pence called for the repeal of Obamacare and told supporters that his two terms were more than enough for America. He called the Democratic Party agenda and their attempts to tweak failing policies “stale.”

Trump’s running mate also said the Democrats have failed to lead America in the right direction.

“It seems that all of America is crying out for something new and different,” Pence said.

Pence also rallied support from police officers and veterans — something Trump has been under fire for by the American people.

Out of the 1,000-person crowd, one protester was escorted out of the event for causing a disruption. 

Check out the rally in real time from our Storify live feed below. 

Follow Shaq Davis on Twitter