Fast Facts

• The muzzle of a lion is like a fingerprint; no two lions have the same pattern of whiskers.
  • Ferrets can sleep up to 20 hours a day
  • Teddy Roosevelt was so keen on boxing he had a boxing rind installed in the White House
  • Before he discovered his real vocation as a lover and libertine, Casanova was preparing for priesthood.
  • When asked what he thought about Western civilization, Mahatma Gandhi replied “”I think it would be a good idea.””
  • The Earth’s atmosphere is proportionately thinner than apple skin.
  • Australian five-, ten-, twenty-, fifty- and one-hundred-dollar notes are made of plastic.
  • According to the Bible, there are 12
    pearly gates.
  • The oldest driver in the 1979 Le Mans 24-hour endurance race was 54-year-old actor Paul Newman.
  • More cat food is bought in Great Britain each year than can be eaten by the number of cats in the country.
  • Bombay duck is really dry, salted fish.
  • If the population of China began walking past you in single file, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.
  • Any free-flowing liquid form itself into a sphere in outer space because of its surface tension.
  • A teaspoonful of neutron star material would weigh about 110 million tons.
  • Queen Victoria was the first woman to use chloroform during childbirth.
  • Burt Reynolds now lives in what was once the Florida holiday home of gangster Al Capone.
  • In the early days of Hollywood, Western sets were made to seven-eights scale to make the heroes seem larger.
  • Jamaica’s main export is bauxite, which is used to make aluminum.
  • Facts courtesy of “”The Book of Useless Information”” and “”The Pocket Idiot’s Guide: Not So Useless Information””