Pi Kappa Phi fraternity members arraigned for sexual assault, kidnapping

Two members of the Pi Kappa Phi fraternity were arraigned Wednesday for charges of sexual assault and kidnapping.

Pi Kappa Phi members Gregory Haft, a pre-nursing undergraduate student and Ellery Gordon, a biology undergraduate student were indicted by a grand jury on Feb. 28 on two counts each of sexual abuse and one count each of sexual assault and kidnapping.

“All I can really say is, we’re aware of the alleged incident,” said Yoseph Arsala, president of the fraternity and a finance junior. “We are cooperating with the authorities.”

A woman told the Pima County Superior Court on Wednesday that she was at the fraternity house on Feb. 5 when Haft informed her there was another party upstairs, according to court records. Once the woman went upstairs, she said that Haft and Gordon locked her in a room, removed her clothing and inappropriately touched her. She was then forced to perform a sex act on both of them, she said.

According to court documents, officers say they noticed bruises all over her.

The University of Arizona Police Department investigated the incident when it was reported and has a detective assigned to the case, according to Juan Alvarez, public information officer for UAPD.

More details will follow in tomorrow’s Daily Wildcat.