Athlete of the week

Arizona wide receiver Mike Thomas leaps to make a catch during Saturdays 31-10 Wildcat victory over UCLA in Pasadena, Calif. Thomas recorded 257 all-purpose yards and was named the Pacific 10 Conference Special Teams Player of the Week.
    Arizona wide receiver Mike Thomas leaps to make a catch during Saturday’s 31-10 Wildcat victory over UCLA in Pasadena, Calif. Thomas recorded 257 all-purpose yards and was named the Pacific 10 Conference Special Teams Player of the Week.

Editor’s Note: The Arizona Daily Wildcat’s Ari Wasserman caught up with UA senior wide receiver Mike Thomas after he racked up 257 all-purpose yards in Arizona’s 31-10 win over UCLA on Saturday. Thomas discussed his accolades, politics and building the perfect woman.

Wildcat: I am going to ask you some serious questions and I am going to ask you some off-the-wall questions you probably don’t hear that much. So here we go. What’s it like to be named the Pacific 10 Conference’s Offensive Player of the Week?
    Thomas: It is a good feeling, man. We got the victory, and that’s the most important thing, (but the accolade) is a nice little extra thing. It’s like the ketchup on the hot dog.

W: If there were one team in the country you probably wouldn’t want to play, who would it be?
    T: Just to give you an answer, I probably wouldn’t want to play Georgia. But you know I’ll play anyone. It doesn’t matter.

W: What is your favorite team in the NFL?
    T: Probably the Cowboys.

W: OK. Now we are going to get into the exciting questions. What sorority on campus is the sexiest?
    T: Since I know some girls over there, I am going to say Gamma Phi. I am going to go and give it to them.

W: Are you a ladies man?
    T: When I need to be.

W: Do girls like your dimples?
    T: Yeah, they like them.

W: What is the feedback like for your dimples?
    T: I have definitely gotten a lot of positive feedback about the dimples. They like the dimples.

W: If you could make your perfect girl using celebrity’s body parts, how would you build her?
    T: I’ll take Serena William’s lower half and I’d take Kim Kardashian’s face. (Laughs) Um, torso and upper body, I’d probably go with Kardashian again. That would be good.

W: Sexy. Do you ever read my stuff?
    T: (Laugh) When it’s good, I like it.

W: Is it ever bad?
    T: (Laughs) I don’t know. I haven’t seen the bad ones (Laughs).

W: As far as people calling you the best player in the Pac-10, what do you say to that?
    T: It is a great honor to be called that. It is well-deserved, but I think there are a lot of other players in the Pac-10 that can get that same recognition. I got to keep working hard and hopefully I can go out on top.

W: Obama or McCain?
    T: (Laughs) Who do you think?

W: I don’t know.
    T: (Laughs) I am going to go with Obama.

W: Why?
    T: ‘Cause he black (laughs).

W: Twinkie or Ho Hos?
    T: (Laughs) I am going to have to go with Twinkie.

W: If you could be with one girl in the entire world, and you have to pick the whole body this time, who would it be?
    T: One girl. … That’s a hard one. Shoot. I don’t even know. That’s a good one.

W: Who is the biggest douche bag you have to play against in the Pac-10?
    T: (Laughs) Douche bag? Uhh. Who be talking some head? I don’t really know. There isn’t anyone who jumps out at me.

W: Should Jerryd Bayless have gone to the draft?
    T:Yeah, he went first round, why not?

W: If you would have been guaranteed to go first round last year, would you have gone?
    T: Oh yeah.

W: What would you do for a Klondike Bar?
    T: Nothing, because I don’t like them.

W: What’s wrong with a Klondike Bar?
    T: I ain’t never ate one.

W: Then how can you come to the generalization that you don’t like it?
    T: Because if I haven’t had one, then that means apparently I probably don’t like it.