The Student News Site of University of Arizona

The Daily Wildcat

97° Tucson, AZ

The Daily Wildcat

The Daily Wildcat


POBEAT: 4/8/2016

I’ll just sleep here, thanks

University of Arizona Police Department officers noticed two people at 1:20 a.m. on March 30, one of whom was lying in the center of a road by Pima Residence Hall. The officers were told the woman on the ground, a UA student, was intoxicated and made her way to the ground without hitting her head. The female was not responding to questions, but was breathing and had open eyes. Her friend helped the officers walk her off the road because she could not walk straight. UA Emergency Medical Services and Tucson Fire Department then arrived to check on the female student. The woman’s friend was trying to get her to eat to sober up, but the woman didn’t move. The woman was medically released and her friend allowed her to stay in her room for the remainder of the night. On the walk to their residence hall, the woman acted belligerent. After the officers left, the friend asked the woman not to remain in her room with her because she was creating a disturbance. When police went to look for her, they could not find her. Later, officers went to the Sol apartment and, after speaking with security there, found the woman had returned home safely. She was diverted to the Dean of Students Office for underage drinking.

Take a hit and run

University of Arizona Police Department officers responded to a tip given by the resident assistant on duty at the La Paz Residence Hall about two people smoking marijuana in the Graham-Greenlee Residence Hall courtyard at 8:10 p.m. on March 30. The officers entered the courtyard, smelled marijuana and approached two men sitting in the courtyard. The men said they were smoking tobacco, but when one of them handed his cigarette to the officer, it smelled of marijuana. The cigarette was still lit. When the officer bent down to put it out, one of the men ran away. The officer chased him, but eventually lost sight of him. UAPD established a perimeter around surrounding streets to find the man. The other man, still in the courtyard, was identified and later identified the other man who ran away. He said he often smoked with him. When the officer, using a phone number the first man gave him, called the other man, he hung up when the officer identified himself. The man who stayed received a code of conduct through the Dean of Students Office.

More to Discover
Activate Search