Police Beat

A table, four chairs and a cable lock – items valued at a total of $1,040 – were stolen from Three Cheeses & a Noodle in the Student Union Memorial Center, 1303 E. University Blvd., reports stated.

Employees locked the chairs to the table with the cable lock at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 3 and did not realize the furniture was missing until they counted their tables and chairs at 8 a.m. Nov. 8.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

An unknown person started a fire in the dumpster directly north of Yuma Residence Hall, 1107 E. James E. Rogers Way, sometime around 9:38 p.m. Nov. 8, reports stated.

When police arrived at the scene, a student was already fighting the blaze with a fire extinguisher.

Tucson Fire Department, who also responded to the scene, finished putting out the fire.

Only the contents of the dumpster were damaged, and the fire was too far away from the residence hall to pose a threat to any other property.

The student told police he saw the fire while he was riding his bike, and he did not see anyone near the scene when he arrived.

Police have no suspects.

An unknown male assaulted an instructor in the Koffler building, 1340 E. University Blvd., at 4:44 p.m. Nov. 9, reports stated.

The instructor said he was already in a lab when a man appeared through a door on skates.

The man was looking at experiments on a table in the room, and the instructor told him that he should not wear skates in the lab because he might damage the lab equipment.

“”Just chill out,”” the man said to the instructor.

The teacher told the man two more times that he should not be wearing skates in the lab.

“”Just chill out, dude,”” the man said.

Finally, the instructor told the man he was going to call police, and as the instructor pulled his cell phone out of his pocket, the man pushed him into a wall and left.

The instructor had never seen the man before and did not know if he is in one of his classes.

The instructor was not hurt, and he does not want to press charges if the man is found.

He told police he only wants the police to talk to the man if they find him.

A Nintendo DS was stolen from the Flandrau Science Center, 1601 E. University Blvd., sometime between noon and 5:30 p.m. Nov. 8, reports stated.

The device had been set up as part of an exhibit at the science center.

The owner said the Nintendo had been secured to a table with four screws. Someone would have had to unscrew all four screws to take the device.

There were many people at the exhibit during the day, and police have no suspects or witnesses.

The owner was able to provide police with the device’s serial number.

An unknown person stole a $3,000 overhead projector from the Science and Engineering Library, 744 N. Highland Ave., sometime between April 15, 2005, and Nov. 9, reports stated.

An administrative assistant told police that the projector had been taken from a locked closet.

The assistant said the keys to the closet are kept in her desk and that library staff knows she keeps the keys there.

The assistant remembered the projector being in the closet in April 2005, but she said she had not used the projector since.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department Records. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resumǸ can be found at www.uapd.arizona.edu.