Calendar

Today

Pink Martini – This would be a good show to take your grandparents to, if they’re still alive and they come down. Even though this orchestra was formed in ’94, they play music that sounds like it’s from the ’30s. 8 p.m. $27 to $41. The Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St.

Third Annual “”A Taste of Arizona”” – Since your parents are in town, take them to this silent auction for youth art, where they can participate in a wine tasting and hold up a placard. 5:30 – 8 p.m. $25 in advance, $30 at the door. Reflections at the Buttes, 9800 N. Oracle Road

Tomorrow

“”The Gay Bed and Breakfast of Terror”” – “”What should have been the wildest gay party weekend ever quickly turns into every gay and lesbian’s worst nightmare,”” according to the Loft’s Web site. Apparently that nightmare is in the form of some monster called “”Manfred.”” 7:30 p.m. $5. The Loft Cinema, 3233 E. Speedway Blvd.

Mutiny! – This nightclub on the East Side will have $2 you-call-it rum specials all night, plus a DJ spinning the best in alternative, electronica and apparently industrial music, since it’s ’97. 9 p.m. to 2 p.m. $3. ICE Nightclub, 6350 E. Tanque Verde

Friday

Write and React – A bunch of froofy writing students were asked to submit a poem, and then paired with artists who would visually depict what they wrote. This reception will feature their collaborations, as well as “”soul music by L EYE.”” 12-6 p.m. Free. Arts Incubator Gallery, 108 E. Congress St.

Metallica – If you don’t manage to wrestle up the $50 to see them, make sure to illegally download the entire concert afterwards. It’ll be worth it, because they’re playing with Scars on Broadway, Apocolyptica and Flobots, the creators of that annoying bicycle song. 4 p.m. $47.50. Pima County Fairgrounds, 11300 S. Houghton Road

Saturday

“”I Dream in Widescreen””: UA Media Arts BFA Thesis Film Screening – Students graduating from the media arts program will screen the films they made for their “”thesises,”” which may or may not be the plural of a real word. 7:30 p.m. Free. Fox Theatre, 17 W. Congress St.

53rd Annual Santa Cruz Parish Fiesta – There will be food, games, Norteño and Tejano music, raffles and more fair stuff. Plus, it’s on the South Side during the day so you can pretend you’re brave enough to go there. Saturday, noon to 8 p.m. Sunday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Free. Church Courtyard, 1220 S. Sixth Ave.

Tucson Roller Derby: Double Header – The only teams that we ever hear of playing – the Furious Truckstop Waitresses, Vice Squad, Copper Queens and Iron Curtain – will compete once again against each other. There will also be music by a DJ called FireBAAAAD, which is way worse than FireBAAD. 6-10:30 p.m. $10. Bladeworld, 1065 W. Grant Road

Sunday

Wine Class at Starr Pass – Another wine tasting that you can drag your parents to. This one’s at 3:30, so you can be drunk by “”Tila Tequila.”” 3:30-5:30 p.m. $25 per person. Primo at JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa, 3800 W. Starr Pass Blvd.

Monday

Eisley – This mostly girl band was popular a few years ago with that “”Telescope Eyes”” song, but has apparently reappeared with a new album. Go see them to decide if Indie folk is still popular or not. 7 p.m. $16. Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St.

Tuesday

Eggroll – This symphonic group is apparently from Tel Aviv, which does nothing to explain the name. Although they sing in English, their harmonies are influenced by traditional Middle Eastern music. With Andrew Collberg. 7:30 p.m. $6 in advance, $8 at the door. Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St.