Plenty of action in Las Vegas

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Galina Swords

For this one weekend in March the Pac-12 takes over Las Vegas.

For those Arizona fans planning on traveling to Sin City for the 2014 Pac-12 men’s basketball tournament, there is plenty to do outside of the actual basketball games.

Though the Wildcats’ first game isn’t until Thursday, the festivities begin on Wednesday night for Arizona fans.

Wednesday
There will be a welcoming party hosted by the UA Alumni Association. Arizona Wildcat fans will be at Diablo’s Cantina on the Strip in front of the Monte Carlo Resort and Casino at 7:30 p.m. PST. There is no charge to attend the event, but at 9 p.m. PST an age requirement of 21 and over goes into effect. The Pride of Arizona pep band, Arizona cheerleaders and Wilbur T. Wildcat will all be there to welcome Arizona fans.

Thursday
At 10:55 a.m. PST there will be a Pac-12 Pep Rally in the MGM District. And shortly after at 11 a.m. PST, the Pac-12 Pool Party at the MGM gets underway. The party will last till 4 p.m. PST and will feature a live DJ and games with prizes.
For those attending the Wildcats’ first game, tipoff is scheduled for noon PST at the MGM Grand Garden Arena inside the MGM Grand. Arizona has encouraged Wildcat fans to wear red and sit in section 14 if tickets haven’t been purchased already.

Friday
Friday will be similar to Thursday. There will be a UA Alumni Association Pep Rally at Diablo’s starting at 3:30 p.m. PST and a Pac-12 Pep Rally in the MGM District beginning at 4:55 p.m. PST.
If the Wildcats have reached the semi-finals of the tournament, they will play at 6 p.m. PST.

Saturday
The final day of the tournament, Arizona fans will have a full day of pep rallies, starting with brunch at 11 a.m. PST at Diablo’s and then returning to the MGM pool and MGM District at 1:55 p.m. PST for the final pep rally.
If Arizona reaches the championship game of the tournament, the game starts 3 p.m. PST.

Not making the trip?
If you’re not making the trip to Las Vegas, all 11 games of the tournament will be aired on Pac-12 Networks or Fox Sports 1.

—Follow Luke Della @LukeDella