Guilty Pleasures

Taco Bell:

Does more need to be said? The fast food joint giving you the option of a hard taco, a soft taco or both, is just the beginning. Like their recent commercial stated, you can get crunchy, cheesy and melty in one dish and for an affordable price. The company even condones – if not encourages – having a fourth meal in your diet and preferably at 2 a.m. It is every college student’s dream. So why isn’t it available in the Student Union? Good question.

The beginning stages of “”American Idol””:

Without fail, the best part of “”American Idol”” is the auditions. Those painful, agonizing preliminary stages are what make the first weeks so rewarding to watch. The reassurance that you yourself are a normal human being with limits and realistic expectations for your career and abilities is almost refreshing. The other yummy part about the show is that they actually make real stars out of their contestants – also a plus.

“”Low”” by Flo Rida:

Whether you have only heard it at a club, on the FM or you legally (or illegally) downloaded it and burned it to all your “”going out”” mixes, one can’t get enough of Flo Rida and his orgasmic beat. His design of facial hair on the lower part of his face is a bit off-throwing, but the man can create a dirty dance beat that makes any fashionista want to head to the mall for some boots with the fur. Apple Bottom jeans … not so much. Rida demands us to “”get low”” but not in the same way that Lil’ John once requested, and to “”make it rain”” but not in the same demanding tone as Fat Joe and Lil Wayne asked long ago. Flo Rida convinces us that we want to get low, for it is the only possible way to “”hit the flo’.””

– Nicky Hamila