Don’t break the bank buying UA Bookstore apparel this weekend

Zi Yang Lai

UA gear at the CVS/Pharmacy on University Boulevard. The merchandise has its own aisle, with a wide variety of UA-branded goods.

In preparation for Family Weekend festivities, show your Wildcat pride for less by checking out these alternatives to the UA BookStore.

Walgreens, located on the corner of Grant Road and First Avenue

This Walgreens has a great selection for students and their families who are in search of UA apparel for low prices. Adult short sleeve UA shirts are currently on sale, two for $16, and there are over 25 shirt variations to choose from with small, medium and large sizes for men and women. Men’s basketball shorts are $16, sweats and sweaters range from $25-$35, beanies and hats are $7.99 each and there are even tanks for women for $12. The kids’ selection is limited, so try to catch these deals while you still can.

Walmart, located at El Con Mall on Broadway Boulevard and Alvernon Way

Walmart is known for its good deals and there is no exception when it comes to UA apparel. The sale includes $14 shirts, $9.97 scarfs, $18 sweats and sweaters that range from $19-29, all avaiable for women. Men’s basketball shorts are priced at $16, sweaters range from $25-$30 and men’s shirts are on sale from $8-$14—there are some for women also at this price. Basic UA hats are on sale for $6.

There is a bigger selection for kids at Walmart as well. Toddler girl and boy shirts are $9.97, two-piece outfits for toddler girls and boys are $19 and there are even toddler boy UA jerseys for $17. The boys department is limited on certain items, so get to Walmart before it sells out.

CVS Pharmacy, located on the corner of University Boulevard and Euclid Avenue

This CVS is a short walk from campus, and is fairly new, but it has great deals for students just in time for Family Weekend. Women’s shirts range from $14-$19 and men’s shirts start at $16.99. Hats are $20, while sweats and sweaters range from $30-$50, depending on personal preference of style. They also have women’s yoga pants for $37.

Target, located at El Con Mall on Broadway Boulevard and Alvernon Way

Target has a smaller selection but there is something for everyone in the family. There are adult UA shirts that range from $15-$20 and kid’s shirts from $6-$15. The men’s section has a little more variety of sweaters, sweats, pajamas and shirts. 

Safeway, located on Campbell Avenue and Broadway Boulevard

Safeway has a small selection that is perfect for a quick stop to pick up UA attire before the game, while you also convince your parents to stock you up on groceries. Men and women’s hats are $14, basic sweaters $34 and shirts for adults range from $14-$19. Unfortunately, there is very limited kids apparel here but Safeway has a lot of UA souvenirs that are perfect to keep around for the weekend. 

Family Weekend is the best time to celebrate being a Wildcat and sharing UA pride with family members. Getting the best deals for the whole family will help make this year’s Family Weekend one to remember.

Follow Ciara Biscoe on Twitter.