Police Beat

An employee reported feeling threatened at 4:25 p.m. Tuesday after a student became angry in the Modern Languages building, 1423 E. University Blvd., reports stated.

The student requested to speak with the dean, but was told he was not going to be able to see the dean because she was in a meeting and couldn’t be interrupted, reports stated.

The student continued to insist on speaking with the dean and the employee again asked the receptionist if it was possible for the student to see her, reports stated.

While the employee was speaking with receptionist, the student said, “”You’re on the phone with her now. She obviously can be interrupted.””

The employee advised the student she wasn’t speaking with the dean and the student paced back and forth in the waiting area and became increasingly angry, reports stated.

The student apologized for his behavior and said the incident could have been avoided if his problem had been resolved six months ago, reports stated.

The employee told the student he still wasn’t going to be able to speak with the dean and the student said, “”If I don’t see her, you can warn her, I’ll resort to drastic measures.””

The employee said she was unable to interpret what the student meant but felt uneasy.

The student then stated he would resort to “”outside measures”” and walked out of the office, reports stated.

The employee didn’t wish to press charges, but wanted the incident documented and referred the student to the Dean of Students Office as a code of conduct violation, reports stated.

A student was arrested for having fake identification Tuesday afternoon in the University of Arizona Police Department lobby, 1852 E. First St., after he came to pick up his lost wallet, reports stated.

Earlier that morning an anonymous person turned in the brown, snakeskin wallet to police, who held it in property for safekeeping.

While looking in the wallet for the owner’s identity, police found two California driver’s licenses that listed the same information and had the same license number, reports stated.

The pictures and birthdates on the IDs were different, reports stated. One showed the student to be under the age of 21, and the other showed the student to be over 21.

Police contacted the student about his lost wallet and he said he would come pick it up later that afternoon, reports stated.

When the student arrived, police asked the student to confirm all the property was his and asked him why he had two IDs with different birthdates.

The student told police it was “”obvious”” why he had two IDs and explained one was a “”fake ID”” he had purchased in California.

When police told the student he was under arrest, the student asked if he could be let go with a warning because he had recently been arrested for underage drinking, reports stated.

The student was cited and released, reports stated.

A student reported receiving harassing phone calls on Sunday at Apache-Santa Cruz Residence Hall, 1420 E. Fifth St., reports stated.

The student told police the calls began in February and have continued periodically ever since.

The caller would never speak, but only breathe into the phone, reports stated.

The student told police she had contacted her phone company but was told that because the calls were made from a restricted number, the caller couldn’t be traced.

The phone company told the student to contact police, reports stated.

The student told police she thought she knew who the caller was but refused to provide a name.

Police advised the student to change her phone number if she didn’t want to receive any more calls, reports stated.

Police have no suspects or witnesses, reports stated.

Police reported losing registration for a new vehicle on Tuesday in the UAPD building, 1852 E. First St., reports stated.

Two weeks before, an employee had given police several new vehicle registrations and year tabs for vehicles assigned to the detective section, reports stated.

While distributing the registrations and year tabs, police noticed one was missing.

Police checked the office and vehicles but couldn’t find the registration or year tab, reports stated.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu.