The 54th annual Fourth Avenue Spring Street Fair

Gracie Kayko
The crowd at the annual Fourth Avenue Spring Street Fair navigates through a sea of stands on March 24. People of the Tucson community came to enjoy the event, which took place March 24-26.

This past weekend, as spring sprung, so did the Fourth Avenue Spring Street Fair. The street was filled with local, out-of-city and out-of-state vendors. There were different kinds of food and drinks, from boba to slices of pizza. Some vendors have been coming for years, and some were brand new to the event.

One of the newcomers was the Life Under the Oaks Lavender Manor, having just opened last October. The store sells several types of lavender-based items, from skincare to tea. The store’s products are from the Life Under the Oaks Lavender Farm located at 1221 N. Rancho Robles Road in Oracle, Arizona.

Carolyn Blair is the owner of the business and, besides creating products, also hosts a variety of events and workshops at both the manor and farm. Activities range from tea parties, yoga and moon gatherings, to many other experiences and workshops.

“It’s been an amazing experience so far. A lot of people are finding out about us. It’s just been so good to meet everybody. We actually got to meet the mayor since she’s walking around. It’s been wonderful,” Blair said.

Life Under The Oaks Lavender Manor is located at 347 E. 4th St. and is open Wednesday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Two women stop and look at windchimes at the Fourth Avenue Spring Street Fair on March 24. The street fair ran for three days straight, closing off Fourth Avenue to all but pedestrians. 

Besides businesses on Fourth Avenue, local artists also set up shop to display their work, like Poppy Salmon. Salmon is the designer of the 54th annual Fourth Avenue Spring Street Fair poster that has been displayed within storefronts and has been sold on t-shirts and posters.

“My friend is hosting me here and taking care of the booth, so it’s been really great getting to spend time with her, hang out and watch the people,” Salmon said.

This was Salmon’s first time at the Fourth Avenue Street Fair as well as being able to produce art after a brief hiatus.

A man offers to make balloon animals at the Fourth Avenue Spring Street Fair on March 24. He was able to create puppies, t-rex, flowers and more. 

Lauren Lomprey, also known as the Doodling Nomad, was out selling her handmade shirts, stickers and mugs. She has previously participated in the Fourth Avenue Winter Street Fair as well.

“I love all my shirts. I do all the tie-dye and artwork on everything. I’ve got this cool Arizona shirt that’s really fun,” Lomprey said.

The Fourth Avenue Spring Street Fair may be over, but local shops are still wide open for support as well! Read more about Tucson themed shops and shopping local, including features on Pop Cycle and Why I Love Where I Live.

Follow AJ Stash Castillo on Twitter