Student employment 101: How to find a job on campus

The career fair at the UA gives students the opportunity to meet with employers in order to seek out a job for after graduation. At the Wildcat Student Employment Fair, students can learn about different part-time job and internship positions.
Juni Nelson
Career fairs at the UA give students the opportunity to meet with potential employers in order to seek out a job for after graduation. The university is hosting a student employment fair on Aug. 23 in the Bear Down Building.

College students are notoriously busy people. Whether that be with classes, sports, clubs or Greek Life, students are always on the move. 

In addition to campus involvement, some students may also find themselves looking for a job. The University of Arizona has plenty of job offerings to students — you just have to know where to find them. 

Handshake

Handshake is a one-stop shop for all things regarding on-campus jobs as well as off-campus jobs and internship opportunities.

Students are able to make accounts with their NetID and find hundreds of postings with filters that can help them find the perfect thing that they are looking for. 

Job postings can be from Campus Recreation, the UA Bookstores, different offices and colleges across campus, etc.

LinkedIn

LinkedIn is a way for students to make connections with peers in their field and in other majors across campus. 

Students can share internship opportunities they’ve received as well as fellowships and employment opportunities.

By expanding connections and networking on LinkedIn, students can get the chance to meet new friends and professional connections that can go beyond the university setting.

Instagram

Even though it is mainly known as a social media networking site, Instagram is also helpful for finding on-campus job opportunities.

Various cultural centers across campus post desk job opportunities on their Instagram pages. Some specific school Instagram pages do the same when looking for student assistance.

Job Fairs

The UA will host a student employment fair on Aug. 23 in the Bear Down Building from 1-3 p.m. The fair will host a variety of campus professionals and local business owners looking to hire students for part-time positions. 

Throughout the school year, different schools also host job fairs for their respective students. These fairs are opportunities for students to interview with and speak with professionals in the fields they are interested in. 

These three different resources are a great starting point for students new to campus looking for ways to add things to their resume as well as get some extra money in their pockets.

Follow the Daily Wildcat on Instagram and Twitter (X)