Arizona soccer draws on the road against Oregon State

Nathanial Stenchever

Number 11 Quincy Bonds, a Sophomore on the University of Arizona Women’s Soccer team, receives a pass from a teammate and gets a breakaway run from the Texas Tech defenders at the Murphey Field at Mulcahy Soccer Stadium on Sept. 9. The Wildcats would go on to lose the game 1-2. 

The Arizona soccer team tied against Oregon State University on Friday, Oct. 13, in Corvallis, Oregon. After this draw, the Wildcats sit at 4-6-4 (1-3-1 in Pac-12 play), and are 10th in the conference standings. 

The Wildcats dominated the first half, maintaining possession and having multiple opportunities on goal. Nicole Dallin tried to put two shots in the back of the Beavers’ net but was unsuccessful. Nyota Katembo also had a significant shot on Oregon State’s goalkeeper. At halftime, the momentum shifted, and Oregon State found themselves with a new level of confidence.

The Beavers had a total of ten shots on Arizona goalkeeper Hope Hisey. Arizona’s closest opportunity on goal was when Cameron Valladares received a through ball from outside back Ella Hatteberg.

The possession continued to change, but without a goal, the game ended 0-0. Arizona’s last attempt to score was in the final minute off of a corner kick. Sami Baytosh tried to head the ball inside the right post. 

Hope Hisey racked up three more saves, bringing her career total to 335.

Arizona returns to play Thursday, Oct. 19, at 7:00 p.m. where they will host No. 5 UCLA.

Follow the Daily Wildcat on Instagram and Twitter/X