Arizona football releases Big 12 matchups through 2027

Kohichiro Yamada
The Arizona football team runs onto the field at Arizona Stadium with fireworks on Saturday, Nov. 18. No. 19 Arizona beat the No. 16 University of Utah 42-18.

“Big” opportunities lie ahead for the Arizona football team as the Wildcats bid farewell to the Pac-12 Conference.

The now-ranked Wildcats are projected to appear in a bowl game for the first time since 2017, following their historic achievement of securing their third straight win over a ranked team. The Wildcats put on a show for Homecoming and defeated No. 20 UCLA 27-10 on Saturday, Nov. 4. With conference realignments set for the 2024-25 season, this was likely the final opportunity for fans to witness the Bruins at Arizona Stadium.

2024 season opponents

Set to represent the Big 12 Conference in the 2024-25 season and beyond, Arizona is gearing up to host ASU, the University of Colorado Boulder, Texas Tech University, the University of Houston and West Virginia University in the upcoming season while also facing BYU, the University of Utah, TCU and the University of Central Florida on the road.

There will still be roots of the former Pac-12, with familiar matchups against all three other incoming members Colorado, ASU and Utah in the first season in an unfamiliar conference. ASU is rightfully on the slate every year, and the Wildcats will face the Buffaloes in 2025 and 2027, and the Utes in 2026 and 2027.

The 16-team conference will provide Arizona football fans with both historic rivalries and never-before-seen matchups. Arizona and BYU have played each other 25 times and the series currently sits at 12-12-1, so the matchup in Provo, Utah, will tilt the series in one team’s favor. Arizona and Texas Tech will revive a rivalry from the Border Conference days where the Wildcats hold just a 5-26-2 record. In the same season, the Wildcats will square off against West Virginia and UCF for the first time in program history. In 2025, Arizona will play the University of Cincinnati in the first meeting between the Wildcats and the Bearcats.

Looking ahead

2025 

• Home: BYU, Baylor University, Oklahoma State University and the University of Kansas
  • Away: ASU, Colorado, Houston, Iowa State University and Cincinnati

2026 

• Home: ASU, Utah, TCU, Iowa State and Cincinnati
  • Away: BYU, Texas Tech, Kansas State University and West Virginia

2027 

• Home: Colorado, Houston, Kansas State and UCF
  • Away: ASU, Utah, Baylor, Oklahoma State and Kansas

Follow the Daily Wildcat on Instagram and Twitter/X