Roundtable: Can the Arizona football team get its first Pac-12 victory?

Nathanial Stechever

Arizona football defense makes a group tackle against a North Dakota State University running back on Saturday Sept. 17 in Arizona Stadium. The Wildcats would win 31-28 and advance their record to 2 and 1. 

Ryan Wohl: University of Arizona wins 38-24

The Arizona football team is coming off of a two-plus touchdown loss to the University of California, Berkeley, but the good news is the team returns home to face the worst team in the Pac-12. Jayden de Laura had a good first three quarters last week but was forcing the ball during the fourth quarter and threw two interceptions late in the game. The University of Colorado Boulder’s defense has let up at least 38 points during each game of the season so far, while letting up a combined 94 points during the past two weeks. 

I think if de Laura can be more careful with his decision making throughout this game, Arizona will win relatively easily. 

Alex Poor: Arizona wins 35-21

Both teams will put up points in the first half, and the question will be how the Arizona defense responds against a winless Colorado team who sits near the bottom of the Pac-12. The Wildcat defense over the past two weeks against North Dakota State University and Cal has let up 637 yards rushing and 7 rushing touchdowns. Head coach Jedd Fisch made the run defense a point of emphasis this week at practice, having the team run extra tackling periods. I expect Arizona’s offense to pull away from Colorado in the second half.

RELATED: From Arizona to the UFC, how Mohammed Usman changed his life path

Jason Dayee: Arizona wins 33-20

My prediction for the Saturday, Oct. 1, game of Arizona versus Colorado Buffaloes is that Arizona will bounce back from its crushing defeat at Cal and pick up its third win of the season. Colorado is a winless team and Arizona is back at home. This is a perfect opportunity for Arizona to have this weekend playing in front of its home crowd. 

The Wildcats have shown they can start fast and keep up with their opposition, but then in the second half they slow down and mistakes can start to pile up. If the Wildcats have learned from their mistakes thus far, they should be able to head into this game feeling confident. I believe the Wildcats will continue their streak of coming out fast and going up early, but unlike their previous games, they will hold onto their lead. 

Follow Daily Wildcat Sports on Twitter