No. 6 Arizona MBB beats Washington by 23 points

Jackie Cabrera

Arizona men’s basketball team  head coach Tommy Lloyd talks to a referee on Jan. 21 in McKale Center. The Wildcats went on to win against UCLA with a score of 58-52.

After struggling with the Washington schools the first time around, the Arizona men’s basketball team left the state of Washington with a 2-0 weekend sweep. The Wildcats defeated the University of Washington by a score of 95-72 on Saturday, Jan. 28.

Azuolas Tubelis had a double-double in this game while scoring 25 points with 10 rebounds. This is his 10th double-double of the season and fourth straight game having double figures in two categories.

Arizona point guard Kerr Kriisa had a rough time shooting the ball throughout the previous few weeks but had an incredible two-game shooting stretch this weekend. Kriisa was 6 for 11 on 3-point shots while scoring 18 points. This performance comes after making five 3-pointers on Thursday night against Washington State University.

As a team, Arizona shot the ball very well against the Huskies. The Wildcats finished the game shooting 52% (34-65) from the field, 42% (11-26) from deep and 84% (16-19) from the free throw line.

Arizona out-rebounded Washington 39-28 as a team in the game. Oumar Ballo had a huge bounce-back game after he was still getting back to 100 percent after being sick. Ballo scored 21 points on a perfect 9-9 shooting from the field while grabbing 12 rebounds. This was Ballo’s eighth double-double of the season.

In the new AP Poll that was released on Jan. 30, the Arizona men’s basketball team was ranked No.5.

With this victory over Washington, Arizona now moves to 19-3 on the overall season while being 8-3 in the Pac-12. This Thursday, Arizona will look to avenge another one of its previous losses when the University of Oregon comes to Tucson.

Follow Ryan Wohl on Twitter