Police Beat

Police responded to a fight at the Chi Phi fraternity house, 1104 E. Seventh St., on Sept. 5.

A man was sitting on the front porch of the house when he was approached by two men who were verbally aggressive toward him. One of the men was armed with a sword and swung it parallel to the ground several times at the sitting man, who ran to the back of the house and went inside.

The Tucson Police Department assisted in circling the area but did not find the suspects.

Police visited the Delta Tau Delta fraternity house, 1050 N. Cherry Ave., in response to a report of vandalism.

Five windows were broken on the south side of the house near the kitchen Sept. 3, according to the report. A second-floor window was also broken and a rock was found inside. House members said they did not know who might have done it.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

An officer visited a parking lot at 605 N. Vine Ave. after a concerned citizen told a security officer about two dogs that had been inside a vehicle for more than 30 minutes Sept. 3.

A Doberman and a Chihuahua-beagle-mix were locked in a silver Jeep in direct sunlight with an outside temperature of 101 degrees Fahrenheit.

The officer was able to open the passenger’s side door through a cracked window and get the smaller dog out of the vehicle. The larger dog refused to move and was given water.

The owner came back to the vehicle about 30 minutes later. He claimed he lost track of time and only planned to be gone for 15 minutes.

He was cited for cruelty to animals and released.

An officer noticed a man squatting in the bushes on the south stairwell of McClelland Hall, 1130 E. Helen St., on Sept. 4.

The officer saw the man stand up and put his pants back on. The officer confronted the man and told him what he observed. The man said, “”Well, the Circle K and the 7-Eleven won’t let me use their bathroom,”” according to reports. The officer searched the area and found feces 3 feet from the stairs.

The man was cited for criminal nuisance and advised not to return to campus. He cleaned up the feces and was allowed to leave.

Police responded to a discharged fire extinguisher that had been left on the basketball court of Bear Down Gym, 1428 E. University Blvd.

The officer observed white powder fired from the extinguisher on the west side of the court. Police have no suspects or witnesses.

Police assisted a stalled vehicle on North Campbell Avenue and East Enke Drive on Sept. 4.

When the officer approached the vehicle, the driver gave a license from Sonora, Mexico, that appeared to have been created on a computer printer and laminated. The passenger in the car presented a valid Arizona ID and was allowed to leave.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement determined that the driver was an illegal immigrant and took him into custody.

A car stereo was stolen from a vehicle parked at Lot 9007 at East Fort Lowell Road and North Mountain Avenue on Sept. 4.

Police arrived after the car’s owner returned to his vehicle. The front passenger window had been broken, and there were pry marks on the top and bottom of the window frame.

Police lifted several partial fingerprints from the broken window that was still lying inside the car, held together by window tinting.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. A complete list of UAPD activity can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu.