Campus eats make for dining treats

Cole Wellendorf, a media arts senior, builds a salad at Cactus Grill in the Student Union Memorial Center.

The UA is a dining hot spot, with more than 35 different restaurants across campus to meet your dining desires – from snack bars to national franchises such as Burger King and Papa John’s to an assortment of specialty restaurants.

One can also visit U-Mart convenience stores for groceries, quick eats, drinks and Tucson’s own Eegee’s famous frozen fruit drinks.

Kelvin Lewis, a business economics senior, said he loves the convenience of the U-Marts.

“”It’s like a mini grocery store,”” he said. “”They have everything.””

This year, Burger King has replaced McDonalds in the Student Union Memorial Center. It will accompany SUMC fixtures Chick-Fil-A, Panda Express, Cactus Grill, IQ Fresh and Bruegger’s Bagels, to name a few.

But off-campus eating near the UA is just as pleasing.

No Anchovies, 870 E. University Blvd., is famous for its cheap gourmet pizza slices and has everything from Mediterranean toppings to barbeque chicken.

“”I love pizza, and No Anchovies makes the best study food,”” said Stephanie Lopez, a

retailing and consumer sciences junior.

Eating late is always great, especially if it’s healthy.

Pita Pit, 845 E. University Blvd., stays open late and even delivers, featuring great meals that include the popular chicken Caesar pita.

Brian Greer, a journalism junior, said he enjoys eating at No Anchovies and Pita Pit.

“”I could eat at those two places everyday if I just switched off,”” Greer said. “”I also like to eat in the Cactus Grill, because it has the most variety.””

Pei Wei, which neighbors Pita Pit, is an Asian restaurant that features a great patio perfect for studying, socializing or just eating until you’re stuffed. Careful, the portions are enormous.

If you have a large appetite for Mexican dining, check out Chipotle, 905 E. University Blvd. With large burritos stuffed with anything from beef to black beans, students are sure to get full.

“”Chipotle’s portions are massive, and it’s great pricing too,”” said Nico Cuestas, a civil engineering senior. “”The environment is great for studying or a social gathering.””

Just need a quick fix? There are more than 350 vending machines on campus, each loaded with a bevy of snacks or sodas.

Find out more about on-campus dining at http://www.union.arizona.edu/dining/.