Date Book

Campus Events

• Lecture. Dan Levey of the governor’s office will present “”Victim’s Rights in Arizona: A Personal and Professional Perspective.”” Noon. Free. College of Law, Room 146
  • Seminar. Nancy Rogers, coordinator of the Worksite Wellness program, will discuss “”Weight Management: Separating Fact from Fiction.”” Noon. Free. Arizona Cancer Center, Kiewit Auditorium
  • Presentation. The UA College of Nursing presents “”Preparing a Nation: The Challenges of Terrorism Preparedness and Other Catastrophic Events.”” Noon to 4 p.m. Free. University Medical Center, DuVal Auditorium
  • Interview workshop. Learn how to prepare yourself for job interviews. Topics range from what questions to expect to professional dress and etiquette. 1 p.m. Free. Student Union Memorial Center, Room 411
  • Writing workshop. Victoria Stefani discusses “”Designing the Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter.”” 4 p.m. Free. Modern Languages building, Room 210
  • Project Converse/Proyecto Converse. Project Converse is a student-run organization that offers an informal setting for practicing English. All practice is one-on-one conversation. 1 p.m. Free. SUMC, Tubac Room
  • 4 Our Soldiers. A variety of products will be sold, as 50 percent of the proceeds will be donated to create morale packages for deployed troops. This event is sponsored by Arnold Air Society. 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. UA Mall
  • Entertainment

• Exhibit. “”Making A Statement: A community-based project questioning the role of the idea, the object and the author in contemporary art”” is now ongoing. This project is co-hosted by Brookhart Jonquil and Sanya Glisic. All day. Free. SUMC, Kachina Gallery
  • Exhibit. The UA School of Art is hosting the 13th annual Wildcat Art Exhibition, which features work from students from around Tucson, through Saturday. 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Free. SUMC, Union Gallery
  • Film. The University Activities Board is hosting a free showing of the movie “”Almost Famous.”” 7:30 p.m. Free. Gallagher Theater