Homecoming tents to be featured on the UA Mall

Jen Pimentel

An overview of the tents on the UA Mall. 

Every year, for the past 104 years, the University of Arizona has hosted its much-anticipated Homecoming celebration for the Alumni and students. 

Each year, interesting and unique organizations set up tents on the mall during homecoming. 

On Saturday, Oct. 26, a total of twenty-four tents will be present on the mall during Homecoming. Out of the twenty-four organizations that have reserved tents on the mall, they range from student groups to different colleges around campus. 

The student groups and college tents are separated into different sections [on] the mall. The individual colleges are included in the College Village area of the mall, while student groups are in a different section.

The colleges and academic organizations that will be present on the mall include, the Eller College of Management, College of Education, College of Engineering, College of Nursing, Research, Discovery & Innovation, College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, UA Online, School of Animal and Comparative Biomedical Sciences, and the College of Letters, Arts and Sciences. 

Student resource organizations such as the Campus Recreation, the SALT Center, Student Affairs and Enrollment Management, and the Asian Pacific American Student Affairs will set up tents on the mall as well. 

Several Greek Life organizations will have tents on the mall which include Alpha Kappa Psi, Gamma Alpha Omega, Kappa Delta Chi, Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Phi Gamma Delta, Sigma Lambda Beta, U of A Delta Tau Epsilon Reunion and U of A Alumni Band with Pride of Arizona. 

RELATED: Greek Life celebrates connection and tradition this Homecoming

Lisa Valentine, UA Alumni Travel, Homecoming, and Signature Events Director described the process of obtaining a tent on the UA Mall. 

“They [organizations] are not chosen by anyone, they pay to have a tent on the mall,” Valentine said. “Any college or student group, club or alumni group can reserve a tent, mainly based on available space.” 

The pricing of the tents was based on the size of the tent that the organization wished to be reserved. Pricing for tents started at $117 and went up to $1375.26 as mentioned on the UA alumni association website.

Follow Connor Fries on Twitter