PoliceBeat

Items worth $1,000 were stolen from a student’s truck while it was parked in a South of Sixth Avenue parking lot on North Warren Avenue at 10:15 a.m. Oct. 11, reports stated.

The student who owns the truck reported the incident and told police that his friend might have witnessed the theft.

The owner’s friend told police that he saw a Hispanic male with a mustache in his early 20s in the truck’s passenger seat while a white male stood near the driver’s door of a nearby silver Cavalier.

The owner’s friend said he thought the two men were also friends of the owner.

He said that both men left in the Cavalier, and their car had Arizona plates although he did not see the license number.

Although the owner’s friend said he did not feel confident enough to give information for a composite sketch for either of the two suspects, he said he did feel confident he could identify them if he saw them again.

The truck’s owner showed the police the broken passenger door lock on his truck.

A digital camera, an iPod nano and an iPod player were taken from the vehicle.

Police found no evidence at the scene of the crime.

Three students were referred to the Dean of Students Office after police observed evidence of their intoxication at 10:13 p.m. Oct. 17 in Coronado Residence Hall, 822 E. 5th St., reports stated.

The incident began when a Coronado resident assistant

reported the smell of marijuana emanating from a room in the residence hall.

Two officers responded to the scene, and they could smell burning marijuana from outside the room’s door.

The officers knocked on the door twice without any response, but the students opened the door when the officers announced they were from the University of

Arizona Police Department as they knocked a third time.

When the officers walked in, one student was in the bathroom, one was seated and the other held the door open.

Although there was a strong smell of marijuana in the room, the men said that they had not smoked and had not possessed marijuana.

Police did not find any marijuana after they searched the students, and there was none in plain view in the room.

After questioning, however, the men said that one of them had brought over a marijuana cigarette, and he flushed it out when the officers knocked.

The man who brought the cigarette to the hall said that he smoked on the way to the dorm.

The other two did not admit to smoking, although their eyes were red and watery, and both smelled of the drug.

A car was stolen from a Zone 1 parking lot on North Ring Road sometime between 7:45 a.m. and 4:15 p.m. Oct. 17, reports stated.

A student reported that he returned to the lot during the afternoon, but his 1991 dark blue Toyota Camry was gone.

The student had locked the car doors, took the keys with him and left the car.

Police could not find any evidence on site, and they do not have and suspects or investigative leads.

A Parking and Transportation Services employee discovered red graffiti in the Park Avenue Parking Garage at 10:59 a.m. Oct. 11, reports stated.

The markings, found in the first floor of the northwest stairwell, said, “”So I let crazy settle in.””

Facilities Management was notified, but police have no suspects or witnesses.

A red and white Trek 500 Series bike was stolen from a bike rack south of the Arizona Health Sciences Library, 1501 N. Campbell Ave., sometime between 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. Oct. 17, reports stated.

The owner left his bike locked the bike rack with a cable lock, but when he returned to retrieve the bike, he only found the cut cable lock.

The owner did not have the bike’s serial number.

Police have no suspects and no witnesses.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police?Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu.