FINAL: Wisconsin beats Arizona 64-63

%09Wisconsin+junior+forward+Frank+Kaminsky+%2844%29+contests+Arizona+junior+guard+Nick+Johnson%26%238217%3Bs+%2813%29+jump+shot+during+the+first+half+of+Arizona+vs+WIsconsin+basketball+game+in+the+NCAA+Tournament+Elite+Eight++at+the+Honda+Center+in+Anaheim%2C+Calif.+on+Saturday.+
Tyler Baker

Wisconsin junior forward Frank Kaminsky (44) contests Arizona junior guard Nick Johnson’s (13) jump shot during the first half of Arizona vs WIsconsin basketball game in the NCAA Tournament Elite Eight at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. on Saturday.

ANAHEIM, Calif. — Nick Johnson stood there as he watched Wisconsin’s bench erupt after Wisconsin defeated Arizona 64-63 in overtime in the Elite Eight.

With 2.3 seconds left on the clock, the Wildcats inbounded the ball just a few feet from their hoop along the sideline. Gabe York inbounded it to Johnson, who was unable to get a shot off in time.

Despite not being able to get the shot off in time, Johnson led the Wildcats with 16 points.

Freshman forward Aaron Gordon didn’t score a field goal until 2:32 left in regulation. He ended the game with 8 points and 18 rebounds.

Arizona’s Rondae Hollis-Jefferson didn’t make a field goal in the first half, either, but he finished with 10 points.

Wisconsin was led by 7-footer Frank Kaminsky. He finished with 28 points and 11 rebounds. He made three 3-pointers.

Wisconsin will play the winner of the Kentucky and Michigan matchup in the Final Four in North Texas.

— Follow Luke Della @LukeDella