Police Beat

Two students were diverted to the Dean of Students Office for streaking Feb. 16, reports stated.

A police officer saw two men running at 2:35 a.m. in the Martin Luther King Jr. Student Center parking lot, 1322 E. First St. Both were naked from the waist down.

The police officer stopped the men at 1448 E. First St., where they put their clothes back on.

Both students said they had lost a bet with a friend and had to go streaking for two blocks. The students wouldn’t tell police what the bet was about.

They told police it was the first time they had gone streaking and said they wouldn’t do it again. Police told the students they could face criminal charges.

A man was arrested for drunken driving at 1:10 a.m. Feb. 16, reports stated.

A police officer saw the man stop his car about one and a half car lengths before the stop line at a red light at North Campbell Avenue and East Sixth Street.

The officer saw the man driving over the lane divider for about one block while making a lane change, and weave in and out of his lane at least three times before reaching East University Boulevard. The man stopped his car near for police at North Campbell Avenue and East Helen Street.

The police officer noticed the man appeared to be drunk, “”disheveled and lethargic.”” The man had a flushed face and red, watery eyes, and he moved slowly.

The man told the police officer he had been drinking. He performed two field tests and he appeared unsteady. When the officer was demonstrating a third test, the man walked toward the officer, put his hands behind his back and told the officer to “”take him in.””

The man’s blood alcohol content was 0.162.

An unidentified woman drove her car into a student’s car while she was trying to exit Tyndall Parking Garage, 880 E. Fourth St., at 11:53 p.m. Feb. 15, reports stated.

The student was waiting for the parking exit arm to raise when a woman behind her drove her car into the rear bumper of the student’s car.

The woman continued accelerating and pushed the student’s car past the gate when the gate arm raised.

When both cars were past the gate the woman drove around the student’s car and headed northbound on North Euclid Avenue.

The student said she did not wish to press charges since her car was undamaged.

A woman’s car mirror was damaged after it was struck by a car door Feb. 15, reports stated.

A truck was parked on the south side of East Second Street near North Highland Avenue when the passenger opened one of the truck’s doors, striking a car mirror of a woman who was driving westbound on East Second Street.

The mirror glass was shattered and the mirror housing was knocked from the door.

A police officer witnessed a verbal confrontation between the drivers, but both drivers exchanged information and agreed to a civil compromise.

A student said a fraternity member yelled at her and poured a beer over her head Feb. 15, reports stated.

A man called police at about 11:48 p.m. after he saw a crying woman flag him down at Pima Residence Hall, 1340 E. First St. He said the woman started running southbound before he could find out what was wrong.

An officer found the woman and her friend at the UA Mall. They told police they had been drinking at Kappa Sigma Fraternity House when a man at one of the houses yelled, “”you’re ugly”” and “”leave,”” to one of the women and poured a beer over her head.

She said he had yelled “”you’re ugly”” to her when she was at the house the prior week.

The two students said they knew the man was a member of a fraternity, but they didn’t know which one he belonged to.

The student told police she was OK and she walked home with her friend.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu