Date Book

Campus Events

• Doctoral oral defense: Geosciences. “”Inelastic Neutron Scattering and Neutron Diffraction Studies of Gas Hydrates”” is presented by Kimberly Terri Tait. 9 a.m. Free. Gould-Simpson building, Room 601
  • Doctoral final oral defense: Mathematics. “”Witten Laplacian Methods for Critical Phenomena”” is presented by Assane Lo. 10:30 a.m. Free. Mathematics building, Room 102
  • Seminar. “”Nutrition and Cancer Prevention: What’s New?”” is presented by Nancy Rogers, the coordinator of the Worksite Wellness program. Noon. Free. Student Union Memorial Center, Ventana Room
  • Workshop. This workshop provides information that can help students make the most of attending a career fair. 12:30 p.m. Free. SUMC, Room 411
  • Writing workshop. Joe Stefani discusses “”The Use and Abuse of Passive Voice.”” 4 p.m. Free. Education building, Room 318
  • Film. The Africana Studies Department presents the movie “”Amistad.”” The film will be followed by a discussion moderated by Geta LeSeur, an Africana Studies faculty member. This film is part of the class AFAS 300, but students who are not enrolled in this class can attend by calling 621-5665 before the showing. 5 p.m. Free. Integrated Learning Center, Room 141
  • Grand opening. The ASUA Women’s Resource Center will be reopening. The opening will be featuring a talk and book signing by Jennifer Baumgardner and Amy Richards, internationally renowned authors of “”Manifesta: Young Women, Feminism and the Future,”” and “”Grassroots: A Field Guide for Feminist Activism.”” 7 p.m. Free. SUMC, Gallagher Theater
  • Film festival. The department of French and Italian will host a French and Francophone Film Festival. The festival will feature five films with free admission. An hour prior to each showing food from the specific region the film is from will be sold. 7 p.m. Free. Integrated Learning Center, Room 120
  • Leadership workshop. “”Protecting Your Webutation”” will be presented courtesy of the Center for Student Involvement and Leadership. 5 p.m. Free. SUMC, Sabino Room
  • Entertainment

• Exhibit. A number of works by students completing a Bachelor of Fine Arts in May will be shown. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free. SUMC, Union Gallery