Track and field heads to MPSF championships

Courtesy of Arizona Athletics
Courtesy of Arizona Athletics

Arizona men’s and women’s track and field teams will compete at the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation Championships in Seattle on Friday and Saturday.

The Wildcats will compete against Arizona State, BYU, Cal State Fullerton, Cal State Northridge, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Long Beach State, Oregon, Stanford, UC Irvine, UCLA, USC, Utah, Washington and Washington State.

Senior Elvin Kibet will be making her season debut representing Arizona in the women’s 5K.

In the women’s 200 meters, freshmen Lizzie Smith, Jasper Gray, Alex Gilbert and senior Germe Poston will represent for Arizona. Sophomore Nnenya Hailey, seniors Tamara Pridgett and Shapri Romero and Gray will compete in the women’s 4×400-meter relay.

The quartet of sophomore Kate Penney, senior Meg Bellino, freshman Maria Larsson and Romero will run the women’s distance medley relay.

Senior Alyssa Hasslen will compete in the shot put.

For the No. 9 men’s team the quartet of freshmen Miles Parish, Avery Mickens, Bryce Houston and junior Neil Houlihan will run the 4X400-meter relay.

In the men’s heptathlon, sophomore Harrison Ivie and junior Pau Tonnesen will represent Arizona.

Senior Nick Ross will compete in both the long jump and the high jump. Senior Lawi Lalang and junior Kenji Bierig will represent Arizona in the men’s 5K.

Freshmen Jordan Young and Aaron Castle will compete in the shot put.

— Follow Zoe Wolkowitz @zowolko