Dress to impress: Cooler clothing for cooler weather

With fall quickly approaching, it’s time to rearrange your wardrobe and shop for fashion for cooler weather. Girls are blessed with a plethora of fall styles to choose from, but stylish men’s pieces can be more difficult to find. Here are a few items to keep in mind while shopping:

Not just your average pair of jeans

It’s better to have one pair of perfectly fitting, quality jeans than to have a bunch of cheap, ill-fitting pairs. Don’t go for light-colored jeans (stonewashed denim left with the ‘80s), but instead get a solid, dark denim pair. I recommend True Religion’s Men’s Ricky Ghost Logo Jean and Hudson’s Byron Five Pocket Straight Engineer jean. Also, skinny jeans and flare jeans for men are a joke. Make sure to get a fitted boot cut or straight leg pair.

The simple cardigan

Believe it or not, men’s cardigans are a popular trend for the cooler months. Try H&M’s Gray Melange Cardigan — it’s simple and also available in solid colors. These button-up sweaters are perfect paired with an effortless V-neck or a collared flannel button-down shirt.

Long-sleeved T-shirt

When it comes to men’s fashion, simplicity will outshine dramatic colors and bold pairings any day. So you really can’t go wrong with a basic, form-fitting solid shirt. During the fall months, a lightweight V-neck shirt with the sleeves rolled up can perfectly complement a guy’s body, and have the girls fawning over him.

Chinos

These lightweight chino cloth trousers make the perfect outfit when paired with a brown belt, shoes and a navy or black sweater. Gap, J.Crew and H&M are the best places to shop for a quality pair. Try pairing them with Sperry Top-Sider’s J.Crew Authentic Original brown boat shoes or Steve Madden’s D-Rock dress shoes.

Top places to shop

It is officially time to stop shopping at American Eagle Outfitters, Hollister and Abercrombie & Fitch. Instead, shop for quality men’s clothing at Banana Republic, J.Crew, Nordstrom (or Nordstrom Rack), Gap and H&M.