Students Spring into Self-Care at Campus Health event

Emma Diaz
Students sign into the Self-Care Fair on the UA Mall on March 25. The fair was a student organized event promoting mental, physical and emotional health whilst being a college student.

The Campus Health Service Student Board hosted an event called “Spring into Self-Care” on the University of Arizona Mall, March 25, from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.

The Student Health Advocacy Committee, Counseling and Psych Services Peer Counseling, Mindful Ambassadors and Campus Health were some of the many groups that were at the event giving students resources.

There were also tables set up on the lawn with different activities such as painting, making flower bouquets, a meditation station and more. 

“Self-care is so important for students because academic burnout is a real thing,” said Dorie Chen, a CAPS peer counselor at the UA. 

With finals and the end of the semester slowly approaching, self-care can be an important part of how students manage their stress.

“Make time for yourself. As much as finals are important and everything, it’s also important to make time for yourself,” Chen said. 

Playing music, journaling and working out are some of the self-care activities that Chen enjoys in her free time.

Mindful Ambassadors is a student-lead organization on campus that focuses on mindfulness and meditation. 

“Mindfulness and meditation, whether that be through movement, breathing or the more traditional practices, is a great way to kind of down regulate the nervous system and have a moment of space and clarity and peace in the day,” said Charlie Rivers, the president of Mindful Ambassadors at the UA.

Rivers also mentioned that taking a moment to sit and breathe is a great practice even if it is just 5 minutes a day. 

“I am a big fan of walks and just being in nature, taking time to be unplugged a little bit and to be with yourself everyday,” Rivers said. 

Mia Chavez, a UA student studying physiology and French, attended the event and mentioned how spending time with friends is one of her favorite self-care activities. 

“Attending this type of event really helps you distract yourself from some things and have a nice time with friends,” Chavez said. 

Campus Health hosts events for students throughout the academic year, and for more information on these types of events visit the Campus Health website.

Follow the Daily Wildcat on Instagram and Twitter/X