Police Beat

A student was arrested for theft at Parking and Transportation Services, 1117 E. Sixth St., at 11:23 a.m. Tuesday.

An officer responded to the Parking and Transportation Services office at 10:59 a.m. in response to a report of a fabricated parking permit. Upon arrival, the officer made contact with a student after being told the student had a parking permit hanging from his rear view mirror that was not an official Zone 1 lot permit. The student said he was driving eastbound through the lot that runs behind Coronado Residence Hall, 822 E. Fifth St., April 4 when he noticed a Zone 1 permit on the ground near a large dumpster.

He said that he thought to himself, “”Oh sweet, I have a class near here and I can use this permit to park closer to my class,”” according to reports.

He said he normally parks his vehicle at the Delta Chi fraternity house, 1701 E. First St., and walks to his classes.

With his new permit, he planned to park in Lot 507.

When he returned to his vehicle at 10:40 a.m. Tuesday, he noticed it was gone and he approached a Parking and Transportation officer who was nearby. The officer said his vehicle had been taken to Lot 8111.

The serial number on the permit was assigned to a name not associated with the UA.

The man was issued a citation for theft of services and released.

Someone stole a camera owned by KUAT-TV from McClelland Hall, 1130 E. Helen St., around 4:45 p.m. Tuesday.

An officer responded to Room 207 and met a woman who reported a stolen camera that had been in her care. She said she checked out the camera from KUAT-TV and took it and other equipment to Berger Auditorium in the same building.

When she arrived, she and others from KUAT-TV left the equipment unattended inside the room on the upper level while they walked to the bottom of the stairs. A class had just ended in the room, however, and several people were exiting the room and walking past the equipment, obstructing their view.

At 4:45 p.m., the woman returned to the equipment and discovered a Panasonic AGDVC80P camera missing.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

A woman reported her vehicle stolen from the third level of the Main Gate Garage, 1402 E. Second St., at 5:08 p.m. April 7.

At 5:17 p.m., an officer responded to the garage and made contact with a woman who said at 7:30 a.m. she had parked her car, locked it and gone to her office in the University Services building. She looked out her office window at 5 p.m. and noticed her car was gone.

The previous day, she had returned home to discover the exterior lock of the front passenger door punched inward. She also noticed that her vehicle alarm remote control did not work.

She said she was the only driver of the vehicle. An attempt-to-locate order was put on the vehicle.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

Four students were diverted to the Dean of Students Office for underage drinking early in the morning of April 6.

Around 12:50 a.m. an officer was on the south side of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity house, 1509 E. Second St., when the students exited the south main doors.

One was stumbling while she walked, and the officer stopped her to ask her age. She refused to give her age or name, and she claimed she had no identification.

She pointed at another officer and asked to speak to him. She had a strong odor of intoxicants on her breath.

The other three students admitted to drinking and had odors of intoxicants on their breaths.