To-Do List

Wednesday, March 10

A free preview screening of Fox’s “”Sons of Tucson”” will take place in the Gallagher Theater in the Student Union Memorial Center at 5 p.m. Audience members will watch the first two episodes of the series. The screening will be followed by a Q&A session with executive producer Justin Berfield and actor Tyler Labine.

Thursday, March 11

“”Albert Einstein: The Practical Bohemian”” has its opening night at Invisible Theatre, 1400 N. First Ave. The nationally acclaimed, one-man show features television star Ed Metzger. 7:30 p.m. $30.  Call 884-0672 or visit invisibletheatre.com for more information.

Advocating Women of Arizona kicks off its event at the Santa Rosa Center, 1080 S. 10th Ave., which features presentations on issues that negatively affect the lives of Tucson women. Call 798-1772 for more information. 6 – 8 p.m. Free.

Laffs Comedy Caffe, 2900 E. Broadway Blvd., hosts its weekly Open Mic Night. Comedians, both amateur and professional, perform for a live audience. Call 323-8669 with questions or to reserve your spot on stage. 8 p.m. Two-item minimum purchase in the showroom. 21+. Underage comedians are still invited to perform but must sit in a separate room during the show.

Friday, March 12

African Children’s Choir has a concert at Pantano Christian Church, 10355 E. 29th St.

7 p.m. Free.

Ambassador John Limbert gives a lecture on “”Negotiating with Iran,”” followed by a signing on his new book, “”Negotiating with Iran: Wrestling the Ghosts of History.”” The book signing will take place in the Gallagher Theater in Student Union Memorial Center. 3 – 4:30 p.m. Free.

Saturday, March 13

Cox Communications and Main Gate Square present an outdoor screening of “”Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”” (2005) with an introduction from screenwriter John August as part of the Tucson Festival of Books. The screening will be at Main Gate Square near University Boulevard and Tyndall Avenue. 7 p.m. Free, seats 300-500 people first come, first served.

A Civil War reenactment, presented by Civil War in the Southwest, will take place at Picacho Peak State Park, I-10 Exit 219, the original location for Arizona’s only Civil War battle, the battle of Picacho Pass. The park is open 5 a.m. – 10 p.m. Parking is $7 per vehicle with four people. Call 466-3183 or visit azstateparks.com/parks/pipe for more information.

Music in the Canyon presents a range of local musicians, including blues, jazz, folk, choral, mariachi and more. Visitors can also sample food and drinks. 5900 N. Sabino Canyon Rd. More information is available at sabinocanyon.org. Noon – 6 p.m. Suggested donation is $5 per person or $10 per family. Free parking.

The Tucson Symphony Orchestra presents “”Video Games Live.“” The Video Games Live crew will join the Tucson Symphony Orchestra for a program featuring music from Mario, Zelda, Halo, Final Fantasy, Warcraft, Sonic, Metal Gear Solid, Kingdom Hearts, Tomb Raider, Harry Potter and more. 7:30 p.m. 260 S. Church Ave. Tickets available at the TSO Box Office 882-8585.

The Tucson Festival of Books brings internationally known authors, books and literary activities to the Tucson community. The festival will take place on the University of Arizona Mall. 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Free.

Sunday, March 14

A St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Festival will take place in Downtown Tucson at Maynards Market, Old Town Artisans and Hotel Congress. The parade will include Irish dancers, musicians and floats. 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Parade begins at 11 a.m. Free to spectators.

Opera in Cinema comes to The Loft Cinema with the opera “”L’Orfeo”” presented in high definition on the big screen. 3233 E. Speedway Blvd, 795-0844. 1 p.m. $20 general, $16 Loft members.

Monday, March 15

“”Another Man’s Treasure”” allows visitors to make art out of items that would normally be thrown away at the Volunteer Center of Tucson. 2601 E. Grant Rd. Call 881-5288 for more information. 3:30 p.m. Free.

Tuesday, March 16

Archeology Cafe at Casa Vicente Restaurante Español presents Steve Lekson, a professor of anthropology at the University of Colorado at Boulder, and his lecture “”Where Did the Mimbres Go, and Where Did Casas Grandes Come From?”” 375 S. Stone Ave. Call 884-5253 for more information. 6 p.m. Free.

Open Mic Night at Auld Dubliner, 800 E. University Blvd., asks any brave souls to step up the mic. Performances include anything from music to comedy. 10 p.m. Free. 21+.

— compiled by Katie Gault