Date Book

Campus Events

• Interview workshop. Learn how to prepare yourself for interviews. Topics range from what questions to expect to professional dress and etiquette. 1 p.m. Free. Student Union Memorial Center, Room 411.
  • Study abroad fair. The Office of Study Abroad and Student Exchange hosts an annual Study Abroad Fair to communicate what opportunities exist for the UA community. More than 50 programs will be represented, with offerings in more than 35 countries. Programs are available for all students regardless of major and class standing. 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Free. The UA Mall
  • Lecture. “”Prosecution in a Rural Area”” is presented by Cochise County Attorney Ed Rheinheimer as part of the Law, Criminal Justice and Security Program. Noon. Free. College of Law, Room 146
  • Writing workshop. Dr. Victoria Stefani discusses “”Becoming a Trail Guide: Building the Literature Review.”” 4 p.m. Free. Modern Languages building, Room 210
  • Lecture. The Center for Middle Eastern Studies, the Arizona Center for Judaic Studies, the Congregation Or Chadash, the School of Music and UApresents present a free public lecture, “”The Folk Music of Israel”” by Cantor Janece Erman Cohen. This lecture will also be presented in conjunction with a UApresents performance by Chava Alberstein, an Israeli folk singer, Saturday at Fox Tucson Theatre. 5 p.m. Free. Modern Languages building, Room 350
  • Lecture. Seth Shostak, senior astronomer at the SETI Institute, an organization that conducts research on life in the universe, will talk about the ongoing search for extraterrestrial intelligence. 7 p.m. Free. Center for Creative Photography, Room 108
  • Film screening. “”Letters from the Other Side”” takes a new approach to a familiar issue, telling the stories of families in Mexico torn apart by immigration and the economic fallout from NAFTA. A panel discussion featuring director Heather Courtney and Kat Rodriguez of Derechos Humanos will follow the screening. 7 p.m. Free. Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering building, Auditorium
  • Entertainment

• Poker. UA students can compete in this No-Limit Texas Hold ’em event. 6 p.m. $5. SUMC, Games Room
  • Comedy Corner. The Comedy Corner will be performing live improv. 9 p.m. Free. Park Student Union, Food Court
  • Project Converse/Proyecto Converse. Project Converse is a student-run organization that pairs up English speakers with people who want to learn and practice English. They offer an informal setting and one-on-one-conversation practice. 1 p.m. Free. SUMC, Tubac Room
  • Phantasmagoria. Paintings by student artist Yumiko Omata. All day. Free. SUMC, Kachina Gallery
  • Revelations and Excavations. Abstract oil and mixed media on canvas by Elizabeth Quinn-Worrall. Focus on femininity. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Free. SUMC, Union Gallery