Ringing in the holidays with runway fashion

As if pre-Halloween Christmas trees in Target and candy displays in Fry’s weren’t enough to get you thinking about the impending holiday season, the Tucson Women’s 20-30 club has got an event that’s sure to get the job done.

The club’s annual “”Ring in the Holidays”” fashion show and brunch buffet will hit the Marriott University Park Hotel on Nov. 16, bringing local boutiques’ fashion to the runway and a scholarship to one lucky lady.

“”It’s a fun event,”” said Lissa Marinaro, owner of ZoÇ Boutique on Fourth Avenue “”And it’s a great event, because I don’t feel like UA students really know about all the local boutiques that we have.””

Joining ZoÇ’s fashions on the runway will be clothing from locally owned boutiques including Grand Central Clothing, Pour Moi, Razorz Edge, Stems A Shoe Boutique, Touché Shoes and W Boutique.

“”It’s really all across the book,”” Marinaro said, noting the variety of clothing that will be on display, from lingerie to fashions for the younger and the older crowds.

Models walking the runway will include a variety of local female movers and shakers, Miss Arizona 2008 Erin Nurss and undeclared freshman Brianna Ezrre, who received the 20-30 club’s Sara Courtney Memorial Scholarship Fund in 2007.

Marinaro said about 60 percent of the ticket money from the show will go to the 2008 scholarship, and the rest will pay for the food.

The scholarship goes annually to an Arizona high school student, usually female, who plans to attend college in Arizona.

Be sure to RSVP by Nov. 7 if you’re interested in going.