To-Do List

Wednesday, March 3

Leslie and the LY’s will play with Christopher the Conquered and The Signals at Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St. The headlining band spawned from an open mic trio in 2004 and frontwoman Leslie Hall composes most of the music herself using the Apple program, Garage Band. 8 p.m. $8 advance, $10 day of show. 21+.

George Thorogood and the Destroyers will play at the Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St. Famous for songs such as “”Bad to the Bone,”” the band is pure and simple rock. 8 p.m. $35 general admission, $39 reserved balcony.

Thursday, March 4

Odyssey Storytelling Presents “”New Shoes: The Fashion Show”” at Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St. Six people will have 10 minutes to tell stories on the topic “”New Shoes: Fashion Show.”” 6:30 p.m. $7.

Metal band Killswitch Engage will play with Devil Wears Prada and Dark Tranquility at the Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St. 8 p.m. $29.50 advance, $32 day of show.

Friday, March 5

Harlem, a locally-conceived band which has since relocated to Austin, Texas, will play at Club Congress with The Matadors, 311 E. Congress St. 9 p.m. $5. 21+.

Registration for a scooter rally will take place at Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St., at 6 p.m.

Ozomatli will play at the Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St. Their music is a combination of styles such as cumbia, samba, salsa, reggae and R&B. 8 p.m. $23 advance, $25 day of show.

Scorpion vs. Tarantula, The Labor Party and Bordertown Devils will be playing at the Surly Wench Pub, 424 N. Fourth Ave. midnight

Saturday, March 6

LuLuBell Toy Bodega will hold an opening reception for “”To Have and To Hold,”” an exhibit of works by David Christiana. The exhibition continues through March 31. Gallery hours are noon to 6 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday. Free.

The Hut, 305 N. Fourth Ave., will be hosting the Friki Tiki Garage Festival and Scooter Rally starting at 9 a.m. The rally consists of rides, dinners and concerts, and will continue on March 7 at 11 a.m.

The Arizona Bass Players Festival will take place at the Pima Community College Center for the Arts, 2202 W. Anklam Rd. The festival includes jam sessions, performances and master classes. 9:30 a.m. Registration is $120 for participants, but evening concerts are free.

Sunday, March 7

An Irish Cook-Off will take place at Maynards Market and Kitchen, 400 N. Toole Ave. 2 – 5 p.m. Food will include corned beef, Irish stew, soda bread and desserts. Proceeds benefit St. Patrick’s Day Parade Committee. $10.

Fox Oscar Night America will take place at the Fox Theatre, 17 W. Congress St. There will be a pre-show cocktail hour with food and drinks at 5 p.m., followed by a showing of the Academy Awards show at 6 p.m. $23 general, $123 VIP.

Monday, March 8

Ricky Shimo will play at Plush, 340 E. Sixth St. His music encompasses New Wave style and Spanish lyrics. 9:30 p.m. Free. 21+.

Tuesday, March 9

Wine tasting at the Grill at Hacienda del Sol, 5601 N. Hacienda del Sol Rd.

5 p.m. – 6:30- p.m. Free.

—compiled by Emily Bowen