Calendar

Dont really know what to make of this. The guy in the front looks like Napoleon, and theres some creepy old dude with them too. Lets just hope Pirates R Us meant this as a joke.
    Don’t really know what to make of this. The guy in the front looks like Napoleon, and there’s some creepy old dude with them too. Let’s just hope Pirates R Us meant this as a joke.

Today

• Husky Rescue – I haven’t been too keen on Finnish bands since Children of Bodom, but as long as they don’t sing any of that “”murder me with scissors and bathe me in hellfire”” crap, then I would definitely recommend giving them a try. 9:30 p.m. $8. Plush, 340 E. Sixth St.
  • Pirates R Us – Personally, I’d rather walk the plank than listen to them hammer out mock-pirate ballads for about an hour, but if you’re still on one of those preteen fascinations with pirates, then it’s probably for you. They have an accordion player though, so don’t say I didn’t warn you. 9:30 p.m. $5. Vaudeville Cabaret, 110 E. Congress St.
  • Tomorrow

• “”Carrie”” – This 1976 film features the heart-wrenching story of a girl who overcame extraordinary odds with the help of an amazing inner ability that touched the lives of all those around her. Oh, and she could burn people with her mind, too. 10 p.m. $5. The Loft Cinema, 3233 E. Speedway Blvd.
  • Black Rose poetry meetings – If you like poetry, dressing like a mortician and cheap “”mystical”” jewelry then the open-mic poetry night at the Black Rose Caffe is probably your thing. If not, then congratulations, you’re normal. 7 p.m. Free (unless you count your soul). Black Rose Caffe, 1800 N. Stone Ave.
  • Saturday

• Maddox and “”The Alphabet of Manliness”” – Self-glorifying Internet humorist George Ouzounian tells us how he thinks it is and then spends another 20 minutes explaining that he’s right because of a pirate fetish and a Web site that my grandpa used to visit. 2 p.m. Free. Borders at Park Place Mall, 5870 E. Broadway Blvd.
  • Knights of the Abyss – I remember I had strep throat for about a week. That was about the most metal I ever sounded. 7 p.m. $10. Skrappy’s, 201 E. Broadway Blvd.
  • Sunday

• Emily Long – Haunting songs full of love, lust and whatever else strikes your fancy. If you’re into indie pop, give this stunning sweetie a try. 10:30 p.m. $5.Vaudeville Cabaret, 110 E. Congress St.
  • Monday

• Space.ing – Apparently this show is all about exploring physical space. How cheeky. Noon to 5 p.m. Free. The Lionel Rombach Gallery
  • Tuesday

• Pink Nasty – I thought I might mention that this week is like, dead in terms of “”arts.”” That being said, Pink Nasty is the best thing going on Tuesday night if you’re looking for something to do, but honestly, that’s not saying very much. 9:30 p.m. Free. Plush, 340 E. Sixth St.
  • Wednesday

• G. Love sans The Special Sauce – I like cold beverages too, but not as much as I’d like to throw them at you while you’re onstage for selling out with that Coke commercial, you douche. The music’s fun though. 8 p.m. $20. Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St.
  • Dr. Dres – Dr. Dres has about as much street cred as I would selling a book under the name Stephen King. Also appearing are Chronicles 7, Abstract Rude and Fat Jack. It’s a hip-hop show, oh snaps! 9 p.m. $5. Vaudeville Cabaret, 110 E. Congress St.