They Said It

Head coach Mike Stoops on what to take away from the loss
    I am continuously encouraged by this football team and there is no loss that will make me feel any different. I am encouraged and amazed by our players sometimes in the amount of will they continually show.

Tight End
    Rob Gronkowski
    We can’t catch a break this year. We’re losing all the close ones. We’ve got to finish them out.

Cornerback Devin Ross on Sammie Stroughter’s 47-yard catch late in the game
    He just came up with a good play. I got switched to the outside kind of late. We were looking for a different route and they were switching it up on us and they ran a double post.

O-coordinator Sonny Dykes on what happened on the last Arizona possession
    I think we played the percentages. If we throw an incompletion there it makes a huge difference and that gives them a lot of time. If we had to do it over again I don’t think that I’d change anything. We played the way you’re supposed to do it – we tried to win the game. That’s the thing we did, we tried to win the game and we just didn’t quite get it done.

Linebacker Ronnie Palmer on how frustrating the game was
    It’s not as frustrating as you would think. … It’s always unfortunate when things don’t bounce your way, but we left everything out on the field and that’s all you can ask for. Of course the big plays, we would have loved to have made them, and we’ll see a lot of them on Monday that we could have made, but the quicker you move on the stronger we’ll get as a team. We definitely have to take this loss to heart but try to bounce back and get a win.

D-coordinator Mark Stoops on what to tell the team after the loss
    I don’t know, what do you tell them? You just tell them that you’re proud of their effort and we just didn’t make enough plays to win. We didn’t make enough plays and they’re not going to give you anything. We just didn’t make the plays down the stretch.

Quarterback Willie Tuitama
    It’s just all about making plays and for the most part I thought we did play well. For the most part I thought that we made a lot of plays. Our defense did too, though. We played a good team game and it was just one of those games that came down to the end and they got a big play.

Safety Nate Ness on how the loss impacts the team
    It sucks. I mean, it hurts. A lot of players are hurting on the inside. Defensively we’re hurting, but Oregon State’s a good team. We’re not going to knock them for that, but that was our game.