Date Book

• Silent Witness Project. Life-size cutouts of people who were victims of domestic violence are being displayed at various locations around campus. Call 626-6265 for more information.
  • Coming Out Week. This week is devoted to programming aimed to educate, support and honor the identities of all lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, questioning and transgender individuals in the UA community. Noon to 1 p.m. All week. UA Mall
  • Appointed Professionals Advisory Council annual meeting. All appointed personnel at the UA are invited to attend this meeting. President Robert Shelton will be the featured guest, and will discuss issues of personnel roles in an open forum. 3-5 p.m. Gallagher Theater
  • Africana Studies welcomes Julia Wright. Wright, daughter of legendary black author Richard Wright, will speak. 4-5:30 p.m. U of A Bookstore, lower level
  • Weekly Writing workshop. Victoria Stefani will discuss how to make your style “”complete and concise.”” These workshops are held every Monday. 5-6 p.m. Modern Languages building, Room 410
  • What’s Your Role? Learn to understand team dynamics. Free. 6-7 p.m. Center for Student Involvement and Leadership, Student Union Memorial Center, fourth floor
  • “”The Bubble.”” A 2007 film by Eytan Fox about three young Israelis sharing an apartment in a hip Tel Aviv neighborhood. Free. 7 p.m. Gallagher Theater
  • “”Hidden Wars of Desert Storm.”” This award-winning film takes a new look at the history leading up to the 1991 Persian Gulf War, challenging the official story of a “”spontaneous crusade for freedom and democracy.”” Free. 7-9 p.m. Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering building, Room S202