ZoÇ Boutique features local art

Ginny Polin/ Arizona Daily Wildcat

Lissa Marinaro helps Melissa Barber hang up art work at  Zoe Boutique  on 4th Ave and University.  Marinaro is the owner of the Boutique and Barber is interning there to earn credits  and to get experience in the retail industry.
    Ginny Polin
    Ginny Polin/ Arizona Daily Wildcat Lissa Marinaro helps Melissa Barber hang up art work at Zoe Boutique on 4th Ave and University. Marinaro is the owner of the Boutique and Barber is interning there to earn credits and to get experience in the retail industry.

When Lissa Marinaro took over Zoë Boutique in 2000, she knew she wanted to bring art and fashion together. The boutique, which is on the southwest corner of University Boulevard and Fourth Avenue, provides customers with an art-filled shopping experience as they peruse through rack after rack of the latest fashions. The boutique has a wide selection of clothing, shoes and accessories from a variety of labels, including the mainstream (Tarina Tarantino) and the local (Siobhan).

The art featured in the store is from local artists and changes every few months. On Oct. 16, head down to Zoë Boutique for its event “”Autumn Delight.””

The event is an open reception that will showcase the paintings and drawings of several local artists, including Lauren Russell, a UA art student.

“”It’s important to support local and upcoming artists and because the connection between fashion and art is so strong,”” Marinaro said. “”It just makes sense to have both.””

Other artists include Nina Axan, George Belcher, KoKo Bellows, Amy Hagemeier, Lisa Kanouse and Andrea Peterson.

The event begins at 6 p.m. and will go until 9 p.m. Refreshments will be provided, and new fall fashions will also be debuted. Event attendees are invited to come shop and check out the art, which will also be available for sale. All of the art will hang until Nov. 27.

For more information, call Zoë Boutique at 740-1201 or stop by the shop. Business hours are Monday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.