For the folks …

Family Weekend is the perfect time to treat your parents to some of the gems Tucson has to offer, and to hit them up for some of the items you are too poor to buy for yourself. Here are four options for places to take your parents to (and their wallets, of course).

UofA Bookstore

1209 E. University Blvd.

This stop might not come as much of a surprise, but it truly does hold the most potential for having something for everyone. The bookstore is a place for freshmen who are beginning their collection of endless UA gear and seniors who are cashing in on that last UA shirt they’ve been eyeing. Plus, there is always something for the parents. Whether it’s a golf shirt for dad or a tank top for Mom, they will leave with a must-have UA item. Just enter the Bookstore on Family Weekend and you will understand why you can’t pass it up when the parents are in town.

How Sweet it Was Vintage Clothing and Rentals

419 N. Fourth Ave.

Don’t hesitate to take your parents to How Sweet it Was. Although the strangeness of Fourth Avenue can be a little shocking, it is worth the risk. This vintage shop will let your parents relive the fads from their earlier days. The clothes are always fun to look at, and you can even take the opportunity to get ideas for your upcoming Halloween costume. If for some reason you need something else to entertain the parents, just head outside onto Fourth Avenue. There are plenty of other stores to enjoy.

Old Town Artisans

201 N. Court Ave.

OK, this one’s for the parents.

Old Town Artisans is composed of shops, galleries and restaurants. You can wander around and see traditional and contemporary art as well as American Indian jewelry, trendy clothes and regional home décor. If a short rest is needed, the courtyard offers a place for some lunch or specialty coffees. Plus, Artisans is Downtown in the El Presidio Historic District, which will allow your parents to see a little more of what Tucson is about.

St. Philip’s Plaza

4380 N. Campbell Ave.

This spot is for some upscale shopping. It is home to clothing stores, restaurants and a day spa. Some of the key places are AK Jenson Apparel, Butz Jeans Co., W Boutique and Finale. If your parents need some relaxation, point them in the direction of Gadabout Salon Spas for a little bit of pampering, but don’t forget that you are the one who just finished midterms. Talk mom and dad into buying you dinner at Acacia or Vivace Restaurant. Enjoy the nice change from Student Union food while you can.