Easy winter fashion trends

Sporadically cold weather means that all we need are a few chic pieces to work with the unpredictable weather this season. This winter, you’ll want to invest in a chic hat, a coat and a pair of boots that will spice up your wardrobe.

Vintage hats

Vintage-style cloche hats are making their way back into stores. A red or black hat will instantly glam up an outfit.

Red adds a pop of color and, like black, goes with just about anything. So incorporating red into the outfit is a great way to have fun without being too matchy-matchy.

The cloche hat will not only keep you warm and cozy this winter, but will work as a stylish fashion accessory for any season.

Boots that kick

It’s hard to find a comfortable and fashionable shoe to wear all day on campus without resorting to sneakers. That’s where boots come in. Boots can be worn with just about anything. Plus, they’re comfortable, and many boot styles are timeless.

If you’re going to make an investment and choose only one, a fabulous pair of leather combat boots or over-the-knee boots can be the perfect addition to any closet.

Combat boots are edgy and surprisingly versatile. Whether you pair them with slouchy socks, leggings or wear them with your jeans tucked in, they never fail to be a rockin’ statement piece.

Over-the-knee boots, on the other hand, are sleek, stylish and feminine. If you’re going to buy a pair of these, fold-downs, buttoned or zippered boots are practical and chic. These boots work great over leggings or skinny jeans, and they’ll keep your legs from freezing.

Classic coats

Tucson weather doesn’t always require full-blown winter coats, but you’ll be thankful for these pieces when the winds pick up.

A thigh-length pea coat or trench coat will serve you well on colder days, and now is the time to buy them, as the New Year sales are almost over. Macy’s usually has a great selection of coat styles and H&M carries equally fashionable and wallet-friendly choices.