Police Beat

A student reported her wallet was missing from her purse at 1:59 a.m. April 7.

The student said she was studying on the fifth floor of the Science and Engineering Library, 744 N. Highland Ave., on April 6 between noon and 4 p.m.

The student left her purse unattended when she went to the restroom, returned and immediately left for class and did not check her purse at that time.

The student said she went to class the next day and had her purse the entire time. She noticed her wallet was missing from her purse around 1 p.m., but did not report it at the time because she thought it could be at home. She later could not find it at home.

The student said two other people were studying in the library when she was, but she didn’t notice anyone who stood out.

The student said her brown Hermes leather wallet, which she valued at $500, contained her Bank of America debit card, Arizona driver’s license, CatCard and health care insurance card.

The student cancelled her debit card and reported the incident to the CatCard office.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

An officer responded to a call of a female student passed out in a fourth-floor restroom at Pinal Residence Hall, 1511 E. Sixth St., at 2:25 a.m. April 7.

A resident assistant entered the restroom around 2:10 a.m. and found a student lying on the floor. The RA tried to talk to the student, but she was unresponsive, so the RA called police.

Medical personnel arrived to treat the student, but she refused to be transported to the hospital for further testing.

Police said the student’s breath smelled of alcohol. She had slurred speechand red and watery eyes, and was also unstable when standing.

Police asked the student if she had anything to drink that night, and she said she drank five or six beers in her dorm room between 10 p.m. and midnight.

The officer asked permission to search her room, and the student said yes. The officer did not find any alcohol or illegal substances.

The student was arrested for minor in possession of alcohol in the body.

The student was cited and released on the scene, and the officer referred the student to the Dean of Students Office.

A male student reported his backpack stolen from his truck at 9 p.m. April 7.

The student’s white Ford F-150 was parked outside Coronado Residence Hall, 822 E. Fifth St., and he left his backpack in the bed of the truck while he was moving out of the dorms between 6-9 p.m.

A Compaq laptop, a miniature Sony DVD player and a binder were in the student’s backpack at the time of the theft.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

A woman was arrested for driving with a suspended license for a previous DUI charge on East Speedway Boulevard and North Cherry Avenue at 9:43 a.m. April 7.

An officer pulled over a 1996 Honda Accord because of an active Tucson Police Department warrant for the vehicle.

The person for whom the warrant was issued was not in the vehicle, but a records check showed the driver of the vehicle had a license suspended from Jan. 16-July 16, 2007.

The woman was cited and released on the scene into the custody of her brother. Her vehicle was impounded.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. A complete list of UAPD activity can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu