Datebook

EVENTS/LECTURES

• Doctoral oral defense. “”Higher Education – Gender Roles, Socialization, and Hierarchy in an Allied Health Profession: Radiography Students’ Constructs of Self and the Profession.”” 10 a.m. Education building, Room 311
  • Interview workshop. How you present yourself in an interview will determine whether you get the job. Learn how to prepare for an interview so you can answer the tough questions with ease. Noon. Student Union Memorial Center, Career Services, Suite 411
  • Women’s health lecture. “”Hormone Therapy and the Women’s Health Initiative.”” Noon. University Medical Center, Room 5403
  • Autism lecture. Have you ever known an autistic person? Are autistic persons still individuals? Do we have autistic students on campus? Are there UA resources for autism? Why is autism seemingly left in the dark? Do you feel threatened by autism? 2 p.m. Student Union Memorial Center, Social Justice Leadership Center
  • History lecture. “”Et in Arcadia Ego: Coming to Terms with Flawed Heroes in Historical Fiction.”” 4:30 p.m. Manuel T. Pacheco Integrated Learning Center, Room 141
  • Writing workshop. Victoria Stefani of the Writing Skills Improvement Program will discuss “”Fine-Tuning the Final Draft.”” 5 p.m. Psychology building, Room 207
  • ENTERTAINMENT

• Chess Tournament. 6 p.m. $3. Student Union Memorial Center, Games Room
  • “”Loose Change.”” This film takes a second look at the events of Sept. 11 and suggests that the American people have not been given the whole story. 7:30 p.m. Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering building, Room S202
  • Unique Chamber Ensemble: Hybrid Groove Project, featuring UA faculty saxophonist Brian Sacawa and guest artist DJ Dubble8 on turntables. 7:30 p.m. Free. Music building, Room 232
  • UApresents: Ravi Shankar’s Festival of India II. The Festival of India is an original Shankar performance, featuring a highly elaborate stage that draws you into a vivid performance that whisks you away on a whirlwind visit to Bombay. 7:30 p.m. $10 to $36. Centennial Hall