Police Beat

Police found graffiti found between the third and fourth floor of the Park Avenue Parking Garage, 1140 N. Park Ave., at 6:42 a.m. Nov. 27, reports stated.

The graffiti depicted a 5-foot by 3-foot face spray painted in red. A drawing of the graffiti face on the police report showed an upside down “”U”” with circle eyes, one ear and an infinity symbol for a mouth.

Two cement mixers were stolen from the Facilities Management maintenance yard, 1402 N. Vine Ave., between 11 a.m. Nov. 25 and 6:40 a.m. Nov. 27, reports stated.

The combined value of the mixers was $3,671.

Employees noticed that the east entrance gate lock had been cut along with some of the chain link of the fence. Both of the mixers had hitch locks attached to them. One of the locks was found cut in the area where the mixers had been parked.

The mixer had to be attached to a truck in order to be moved. There were no tire tracks in the area, and police did not find any latent prints.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

The exterior doorknob was stolen of the Hydraulics Lab of the Civil Engineering building, 1209 E. Second St., between 4 p.m. Nov. 22 and 8:30 a.m. Nov. 27, reports stated.

The reporting party told police that it did not appear as if anyone had actually gained entrance to the lab. There was nothing missing and there was no damage to the lab.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

A $900 laptop was stolen from the Main Library, 1510 E. University Blvd., between 3:30 and 3:40 p.m. Nov. 27, reports stated.

The owner left the laptop on a table where he was studying. When he returned, the laptop was gone.

Police did not find anything when they searched the area of the third floor, where the laptop was taken.

A woman reported to police that a man was following her around the area of North Cherry Avenue and East Fourth Street at 4:10 p.m. Nov. 25, reports stated.

The woman said she was waiting for a family member on the corner when she noticed a man staring at her in a strange manner. She said she walked away because she felt uncomfortable, and the man began to follow her. The woman said each time she looked back at the man he put his cell phone up to his ear and talked into it.

Police observed the man following the woman northbound on North Cherry Avenue. Both the man and woman were seen crossing the street twice.

Police approached the man from behind and tapped his shoulder. The officer noted that the man had a phone to his ear but there was not apparent conversation taking place and he could not hear the man saying anything into the phone. The man snapped the phone shut when he saw the police. He told the officer he was on his way home and denied following the woman.

The woman did not want to press charges and asked police to make sure she was out of the area before they released the man.

Police told the man not to return to the area during the UA-Arizona State game.

A man was arrested for underage drinking and taken to University Medical Center for observation after police found him on the southeast corner of North Highland Avenue and East Fourth Street at 5:02 p.m. Nov. 25, reports stated.

The man was found on the corner bleeding profusely from a deep cut on his chin from a fall. He had taken off his shirt and was holding it to his face. There was blood on the ground, the man’s face, chest and hands.

When police asked the man how much he had had to drink, he told the officers, “”too much.”” He was visibly swaying as he sat on the ground, and his eyes were red and bloodshot.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu.