Staff Picks

I’m not buying into the whole letdown thing. Arizona proved last week that it can overcome letdowns when it shut the door against Iowa. Nothing went right for the ‘Cats in that second half but they erased the ugly memories of that third quarter and took control at the end of the fourth. Cal averages 45 points a game and can cause problems, but the Wildcats are better and they’re not about to let a game sneak up on them and ruin what’s at stake.

Arizona 41, Cal 16

– Tim Kosch

Most Arizona players won’t admit to seeking revenge after falling to Cal 24-16 last season, but the Wildcats’ version of Honest Abe, William “”Bug”” Wright, made it clear: “”We got to pay them back, man.”” Although Arizona may start off slow after such an emotional win over Iowa last week, the Wildcats will pull it together and overcome standout running back Shane Vereen and the Golden Bears.

Arizona 31, Cal 17

– Mike Schmitz

The last thing Arizona needs is a conference-opening loss to Cal to kill the momentum it built up during the non-conference season. The Wildcat offense needs to come out ready to play against the Golden Bears who will look to rebound after their 52-31 defeat at the hands of Nevada last weekend. Ultimately, Arizona’s defense will keep Cal in check and give the offense some breathing room.

Arizona 30, Cal 17

– Nicole Dimtsios