PoliceBeat

A student was diverted to the Dean of Students Office for shoplifting at 6:58 p.m. Wednesday after he was caught stealing a $1.49, 12-ounce bottle of chocolate milk from the Park Student Union, 615 N. Park Ave., reports stated.

Police met with the cashier, who said she had watched the student take the milk and drink it without paying for it.

The cashier said the student put the empty bottle on the salad bar and began making himself a wrap.

The student then proceeded to the cashier with the wrap and a bottle of water.

The cashier told police the student never mentioned or offered to pay for the milk.

While the student was signing the receipt, the cashier asked him about the milk and the student said, “”Oh, yeah,”” and offered to pay for it.

The cashier said she asked for the student’s CatCard and called the police.

Police contacted the student, who said he drank the milk before paying for it because he had just finished working out.

The student said he drank the whole bottle in “”two seconds.””

The student told police he had put the bottle on the salad bar while he prepared his food and forgot to pick it up before he left.

The student said it was an “”honest mistake.””

The student later admitted he had intended to only pay for the wrap and the water.

Photos were taken of the student, the water, the wrap, the food court and the chocolate milk and placed into evidence.

The student paid for the milk and left the area, reports stated.

A student’s motorcycle was stolen sometime Wednesday while it was parked at 1420 E. Seventh St., reports stated.

The student told police he had parked his motorcycle at 12:45 p.m., and when he returned at 1:43 p.m., it was gone.

The student said he had the only key to the motorcycle and wasn’t behind on his payments, so it couldn’t have been repossessed.

There was no evidence in the area where the motorcycle had been parked.

Police have no suspects or witnesses, reports stated.

A student lost his designer wallet around 12:30 p.m. Wednesday while he was on the north side of the Student Union Memorial Center, 1303 E. University Blvd., reports stated.

The wallet was brown with gold trim and contained the student’s bankcard, Zona Zoo pass, CatCard, driver’s license and $1 in cash, reports stated.

The student told police he believed his wallet may have dropped out of his bag while he was walking around, but he felt someone must have stolen it off the ground.

The student checked with the lost and found in SUMC but no one had turned in his wallet.

Police told the student to cancel his bankcard and check for any banking activity on his account.

A $5,000 golf cart was stolen sometime Sept. 3 while it was parked on the west side of McKale Center, 1721 E. Enke Drive, reports stated.

The golf cart was red and white and had two orange toolboxes located in the rear.

An employee told police he had last seen the golf cart at 1 a.m. Sept. 3 and noticed it was missing at 1 p.m.

The employee said he waited to report the theft because he was checking with other departments to see if anyone was using the cart.

The golf cart had not been parked in its usual location because the battery had died and it was being charged.

A second employee reported finding a key and key ring while walking to work on the morning of Sept. 6.

The key ring had a tag with a number stamped on it that matched the missing golf cart.

A man was cited and released for trespassing at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday after he was found watching movies in the Main Library, 1510 E. University Blvd., reports stated.

A library employee told police a homeless man had been using one of the small video rooms to watch movies.

The employee said he had told the man to leave the library in the past due to him being intoxicated and disruptive to students.

Police found the man in the room still watching movies.

Police opened the door and reported the room had a strong smell of body odor.

The man was cited and released at the scene, reports stated.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department Records. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resumǸ can be found at www.uapd.arizona.edu.