Quick Hits

U.S. military officers, vets to speak with students today

The Association for Defense and Strategic Analysis of the UA will be hosting panelists from the 2006 Dwight D. Eisenhower National Security Series College Program this evening.

The panelists are officers from many branches of the armed forces, who will speak to students about their experiences in combat and strategies involved in modern warfare.

The club has brought numerous officers to campus in the past, including troop commanders from the first Gulf War.

The event is free and will be held in the Student Union Memorial Center Santa Cruz Room from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.

Open forum to address issues facing minorities

The Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority is sponsoring the open forum “”Generation Black”” today at 6 p.m.

The discussion in the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Student Center will address problems this generation faces by belonging to a minority in today’s society and being a threat to themselves.

Topics include the sexualization of black women and others.

UA applicants can chat with admissions counselors tonight

Prospective UA students can chat online with UA admissions officers this evening to answer questions about the application process.

Paul Kohn, the assistant vice president for admissions and financial aid, will lead an online forum about the Comprehensive Admissions and Scholarship Review process and address issues prospective students have in applying to the UA.

The Web address for the chat room is http://admissions.arizona.edu/chat, and it will be open from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.