Things to know today

Changing Majors?

Students must attend a major information session before they can meet with an adviser to change or add certain majors and minors. Participating departments and colleges include art, psychology, communication, education, journalism, media arts, engineering, nursing, family studies and human development, retail and consumer sciences, sociology, the business, and theater arts. Check out www.advising.arizona.edu/studentsfor the dates, times and other information about major information sessions.

All-Campus Philanthropy registration

Project Volunteer will be registering students today for All-Campus Philanthropy, Oct. 7 from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. The event partners UA students, staff and faculty with local organizations in need of volunteers for the day. Students can register individually or as a team for the event today and tomorrow on the UA Mall between 9:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. or online by Oct. 6 at www.union.arizona.edu/volunteer/acp

Airlines to ease ban on liquids

Beginning today, airline passengers will be able to carry lotions and gels onto their flight following a six-week ban of liquids. However, the Transportation Security Administration said the liquids must be in containers of 3 ounces or less within clear, zip-top plastic bags. More in Nation, Page 8